Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMore bullshit by Tony Buzbee
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733657&mesg_id=2733938
2733938, More bullshit by Tony Buzbee
Posted by allStah, Fri Mar-19-21 09:57 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31094724/lawyer-says-civil-lawsuits-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-12

“Buzbee said during the news conference that his office has been in contact with police and that he would provide information to them about the women who intend to sue Watson”

Police stated no such contact took place:

“The Houston Police Department said in a statement posted to Twitter later Friday that it was unaware of any contact it had with Buzbee regarding the allegations or the filings of any incident reports. “

He later said he was referring to a detective. Lol

More bullshit:

“We actually had contact with Deshaun Watson's agent/lawyer from Los Angeles, who minimized these allegations, who did not take them seriously," Buzbee said. "We wanted to resolve this matter without a lawsuit, without any publicity. “

“After Buzbee's announcement of the first lawsuit Tuesday, Watson responded on Twitter by saying that he rejected "a baseless six-figure settlement demand" and that this is "about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that."

He tried to get Watson to agree to a six figure settlement, basically, extort him for money. Watson said no to the demands!

Watson also responded : “I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect,"

———————————————————————-

So, these women came to him regarding Watson allegedly sexually
assaulting them. They don’t go the police, and he doesn’t go to the police.
But he immediately contacts Watson, and demands a six figure settlement?

This comes off as a swindle job. And I stand behind this man proclaiming
his innocence UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

And I don’t expect any other poster, especially white posters, to stand up for
this man’s innocence until proven otherwise.