Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthell if I know
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733657&mesg_id=2733934
2733934, hell if I know
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Mar-19-21 09:22 PM
but if they're all in the same profession it makes sense that they'd know each other or have connections to each other. For the record, I totally get why you're suspicious of allegations made against a prominent Black man. If it was 1 or 2 accusations, i get it. But when there's multiple accusers the odds that it's all made up are slim to none. Plus the flip side to this is rich/famous/powerful people usually get away with shit regardless of their race.

>
>All anonymous

cmon man. Victims of sexual assault that come forward are subject to all kinds of harassment, including violence and death threats. When the accused is a public person you can multiply that by 1,000. Women don't feel comfortable coming forward when they ARE victims, you think that 12 women are gonna make their names public when they're lying? Even if the Texans (lol) promised all the money in the world it's highly unlikely they'd be able to pull off a plot to... disparage him so they can cut him??? Do I have that theory right?

>
>All civil suits

and??? It's often the only way to get any measure of justice in these cases.

>
>Whatever the issue is with the police...this is public
>now...they kind of have to investigate now that the
>allegations have been made...no?
>

No, they don't. They literally don't give a fuck. Maybe they'll make some public statement like "we're looking into this" but it's unlikely that will amount to anything, especially without cooperation from the victims (which they won't get, because why in the fuck would a sexual assault victim trust cops/a legal system that rarely takes this shit seriously?). Odds are the cops they'd talk to would be Texans fans anyway.