Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJohnny Damon DUI arrest: I'm being targeted because I'm a Trump supporter
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733448
2733448, Johnny Damon DUI arrest: I'm being targeted because I'm a Trump supporter
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Fri Mar-12-21 02:37 PM
This weirdo is posting on social media like nothing happened lol

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/us/johnny-damon-dui-bodycam-video-spt-trnd/index.html

Former professional baseball player Johnny Damon mentioned his support for former President Donald Trump and the Blue Lives Matter movement during a traffic stop and subsequent DUI arrest on February 19, bodycam video released by the Windermere Police Department in Florida shows.

Damon was initially charged with one count of driving under the influence and one count of resisting an officer without violence, according to an arrest affidavit. Court documents show that he pleaded not guilty to the DUI charges, and the resisting charge was dropped.

According to the arrest affidavit, his breathalyzer test was at 0.30% two hours after police first stopped him, nearly four times the state's 0.08% threshold.

At one point, Damon can be heard saying a couple of times, "Blue lives matter," a reference to his support for police officers.

Two officers were eventually able to put Damon and his wife in handcuffs, according to the video and the affidavit.

"I know people are trying to target me because I'm a Trump supporter," Damon later said.

"I don't think that has anything to do with it," an officer responds.

"Yea, it does," Damon said.

"That's neither here nor there right now; that's not why I'm stopping you," the officer said.
2733449, Is faux-victimhood part of the brainwashing script they give Trumpers?
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Mar-12-21 02:38 PM
2733451, It's basically the origin story of America.
Posted by MEAT, Fri Mar-12-21 03:51 PM
Enslave and devastate two continents of human beings
Cry foul over someone extracting taxes as being oppressive
2733485, RE: It's basically the origin story of America.
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Mar-12-21 10:11 PM
>Enslave and devastate two continents of human beings
>Cry foul over someone extracting taxes as being oppressive

We live in the time of the victim olympics. And so many folks are going for the gold..even these red folks who swear shit is rigged against them just because it is no longer 100% rigged for them 100% of the time. There’s channels, radio shows, podcasts, and apps devoted to giving these folks a home to live in the alternate reality echo chamber. And shit like this is what you get.
2733528, this needs to be on billboards, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, all that shit.
Posted by poetx, Sat Mar-13-21 10:00 PM
>Enslave and devastate two continents of human beings
>Cry foul over someone extracting taxes as being oppressive

^^^

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2733481, how fortuitous for him