Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject The story was a great glimpse of the strength and real anxieties and stress Dame experiences.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733096&mesg_id=2733131
2733131, The story was a great glimpse of the strength and real anxieties and stress Dame experiences.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Thu Mar-04-21 09:08 PM
I've always respected Lillard, as a player but also as a man

For him to have the maturity to balance this recent string of tragedies while supporting his teammates and basketball brothers is truly remarkable.

Part of me wishes he could or would take some time to reflect and mourn the loss of his family (blood and otherwise). Given how much responsibility he has on the court and to his family, that obviously isn't an option. But this story reinforced the fragility of emotional security that many major league athletes have and how little insulation their status gives them from the effects of social problems spilling into people's lives such as gun violence.

The segment in the story where the author mentioned Dame's trauma triggered by the sight of seeing his cousin's dead body and the collection reaction of tears by Lillard and CJ got to me.

The portion of the article where the author mentions how Dame is so joyed to spend time with his family was heartening and a needed burst of hope. I'm glad he at least has his own family as a source of rest and peace as he goes through this difficult time.