Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectClaressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicare | 154 Undisputed | FITE TV
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733066
2733066, Claressa Shields vs Marie-Eve Dicare | 154 Undisputed | FITE TV
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Mar-03-21 02:42 PM
This Friday night, the only American 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist in boxing, Claressa Shields, is fighting to be undisputed champion in a SECOND weight class. She already won all the belts in the 160 lb divison.
The success of this event would be HUGE, not only for Claressa, but for womens boxing overall. It would prove that women are worth every bit of marketing and promotion as men. Women work just as hard, if not harder, at their craft.
Claressa was recently dropped by Showtime even though they put on some really garbage matches featuring men in the sport.

She's #1 in the division and will be facing #2 Marie-Eve Dicaire for all the marbles. I'll finally get to see Logan Holler fight. I've heard she's good but haven't been able to find any recent footage. Claressa Shields' amateur rival, Raquel Miller, is said to be on the card as well.

Claressa appears to be punching much harder now and in the best shape I've ever seen her in. She wants more KO's on her record, and I think she'll get them. Dicaire is very much a pure boxer. She moves a LOT, so Claressa will have to cut off the ring, which shouldn't be a problem as Claressa has a high boxing IQ. I'm expecting a good fight.

The fight will be broadcast on FITE TV. They have an app and website. The fight card is $29.99
You can order it here: https://www.fite.tv/watch/shields-vs-dicaire/2p8qn/

2733136, Use code: 22kvk0m for $10 credit
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Mar-05-21 10:41 AM
All women PPV card
Holly Holm on the unofficial scorecard
Historic night
2733139, she is one of Michigan's GOAT overall athletes
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Mar-05-21 12:57 PM
up there with Magic and Kirk Gibson

i might order a boxing match for the first time in a loooooong time
2733140, Real talk. Crazy how she hasn't gotten the respect she deserves yet
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Mar-05-21 01:54 PM
but I think she will.

>up there with Magic and Kirk Gibson
>
>i might order a boxing match for the first time in a loooooong
>time

Right on.

2733293, Who else makes that list ? Mike Modano? Chris Webber , Jerome Bettis ?
Posted by guru0509, Mon Mar-08-21 01:35 PM
>up there with Magic and Kirk Gibson
>
>i might order a boxing match for the first time in a loooooong
>time
2735209, off the top of my head
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Apr-09-21 06:29 PM
Magic, Gibby, Webber, Dan Severn, Joe Louis, Mike Modano, Sheila Taormina, and as funny as it may sound...Scott Steiner, who was a legit badass at UM.
2733145, I was gonna make this post the other day + say we should buy to support
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Mar-05-21 04:30 PM
i hvent paid for a ppv in years
2733149, Claressa is now the 1st boxer in the 4-belt era to be undisputed in 2 divisions
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Mar-06-21 12:14 AM
Very easy win for her. People don't really understand how impressive the win is, because people aren't very familiar with Dicaire, but hardcores were saying they would finally respect Shields if she soundly beat Dicaire.
I would like to see her set up her work more instead of head hunting for the KO or sitting back being reactive. She's letting the Twitter trolls get to her about her KO percentage, which is unnecessary since she came out the gate fighting high level opposition. But still, she's shutting her opponents out anywat regardless of my criticisms. I really hope the Marshall fight happens this year, and I hope Shields shuts the trolls up for good.