Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI thought I saw it here... here’s my post from Gd
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732775&mesg_id=2732948
2732948, I thought I saw it here... here’s my post from Gd
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Mar-01-21 08:59 AM
No real new insight— just wanted to join the discussion

I feel like we’ve had conversations over several years about actual buying stock in players the way we sometimes debate them. This is a version of that turned to real life cause a “moments” value is tied to how a player is actually doing in real life over the course of their career. My boy who is referenced above is going with the strategy of buying bonafied players and moments vs trying to speculate on James Wiseman or a random Patrick Beverley layup.
——

Me and my boys had a debate one it last night. One got in early and has made 40k.
It’s a scam but so is everything else. There’s a market for it and it will grow once they actually promote. Can they create a way to make it sustainable and not bubble and crash? Make it more than just collectibles?

Who knows? But the structure and licensing behind the highlight clips along with the NBAs blessing you own highlights clips in this format but not the highlight itself was the highest hurdle.

Looks like it’ll move to other sports next: ufc, nfl, mlb

Then to movies and entertainment. Imagine owning a “Luke I a ma your father” moment.