Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLOL @ Ben shooting that 3 at the end of the game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732516&mesg_id=2732921
2732921, LOL @ Ben shooting that 3 at the end of the game
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Feb-28-21 09:09 AM
the Sixers got damn near nothing from anyone not named Embiid and Simmons. Seth was bricking like shit. Every now and then Milton or Scott would do something.

And the officiating was some bullshit. Yet a W for the Cavs.

Cavs need a backup PG. Not a guard, but a PG. Usually that would be Dellavedova, but due to his concussions who knows if he plays at all this season. Garland was playing way more minutes than he needed to do, and had a real shitty stretch in the third (a quarter were they went 6 for 22 from the field, after coming into the half 10 points up on Philly). But he rebounded greatly in the 4th.

Sexton, if anything is consistent. 25+ efficient points.

Jarrett Allen was the steal of the year.

Dean Wade and Windler had quality minutes.

Okoro is better than people think he is. This dude does so many little things that will add up to good things once the Cavs sort out their wing situation. This mofo took a charge from Embiid. For an NBA rookie, that's balls. Watch this guy.

Him fouling out was bullshit on top of bullshit.

So many times I miss KPJ being on this roster.

As for the Sixers:

Embiid is great (and took/made some big 3s late in the game). But the foul hunting. This James Harden shit...

The thing that pisses me off as an observer of Ben Simmons.
People are calling him a tall Draymond.

And y'all know how I feel about ol' Donkeylips. But guess what, a "Draymond" is good for 90% of NBA teams playing in the modern style. Cavs have theirs in Larry Nance Jr.

So if the Sixers have a "Draymond" in Ben Simmons?! GOOD. That means just surround him and Joel with shooters. Sixers have done that, but they weren't really at all consistent in that last game.

But here's the rip. Ben's 3 point shooting form is MILES ahead of Bray-mond. I really fell out laughing watching him do that at the end of the game. Doc gotta figure out a way to get him in that position every now and then.