Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMiguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez | ESPN and other great matchups
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732448&mesg_id=2732448
2732448, Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez | ESPN and other great matchups
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Feb-20-21 06:42 AM
For my boxing heads, this is gonna be a helluva match. It was supposed to happen in December 2020, but Berchelt was diagnosed with Covid-19.

The high-output action fighter Berchelt is the favorite for most, but Valdez is a tough dude who's now training with Eddy Reynoso (Canelo's trainer). Valdez once suffered a broken jaw if the 5th rd of a bout and went on to win by decision.

Berchelt has honestly been matched quite safely in his career. Hasn't faced many pure boxers, so Valdez's approach here will be interesting. If Berchelt wins, Bob Arum has suggested that he plans to match him with the young phenom, Shakur Stevenson.

The undercard of Berchelt vs Valdez will feature 2 of my favorite prospects right now: "The Dominican Kid" Elvis Rodriguez, and 18 yr old Puerto Rican killer, Xander Zayas.

DON'T MISS THIS FIGHT!

Earlier in the day, another long-awaited fight will take place as hyped prospect Josh Kelly takes on the battle-tested and hard hitting David Avanesyan.

If you watched Andy Ruiz Jr defeat Anthony Joshua in NY, you might remember Josh Kelly on the undercard getting a gift draw against Ray Robinson. Many feel he should've lost that fight. He tried as he always did to fight like Roy Jones Jr. Liked to rely on reflexes, and the slower Robinson began to time and catch him. Kelly is now out to prove he's top teir. The jury is still out on that one.

There's a fight on this undercard I don't want to miss. It's against Florian Marku and Rylan Charlton. Both undefeated prospects with young careers, each one 1 draw on their record. This one should also produce some fireworks.

And here's my obligatory reminder that Claressa Shields fights March 5th in a fight that will make her undisputed for a 2nd time in a 2nd weight class. She's already undisputed at 160. This win will make her undisputed at 154. Her opponent Marie-Eve Dicaire, is the #2 154 lber in the world while Claressa is #1. This is historic. That fight will be a $29.99 PPV on FITE TV.