Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMax is definitely playing the petulant brat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732215&mesg_id=2746412
2746412, Max is definitely playing the petulant brat
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Sep-13-21 11:16 AM
I get it, I still like him, he's super fast, but it is rubbing me the wrong way. It's all or nothing with him, which is fine, but he refuses to take any blame or responsibility for anything. You don't own every corner, and everybody isn't required to move because you want to force your way in a spot that you may or may not make. There's always give and take, and Max doesn't yet believe in giving anything. The 'that's what happens when you don't leave space' message while on top of Lewis' car really pissed me off. Still... he's playing the Chip Hicks role to the letter, so I can't be totally mad at him. I'm sure many other drivers are, and hopefully he will adapt as he gets older (much like Lewis had to from his early McLaren days)

I wonder if it's Perez or RB team orders that have him keeping position after gaining an unfair advantage. That has to stop at some point. Checho is better than that.

There are people online seriously pissed that Max got a 3 place grid penalty rather than a time penalty, saying it should have been the same as Silverstone. Just my reminder never to read the comments or feed the trolls. Idiots...

Horner definitely had less energy for Max's fuck-up. There wasn't nearly the amount of 'Max could have killed Lewis' or 'tire on his helmet' from #TeamLH either. Pretty sure Totto won't have a driver go out and recreate the race on a filming day either. Fucking clowns.... Still, Horner knows his role, and knows his driver. He owns his smarmyness, so gotta tip my hat to it.

RB is absolutely taking the engine penalty at Sochi. Get the pain over at a track you traditionally don't do well at, neutralize the Monza penalty, drive through the field for at least points if not a podium.