Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Hell of a weekend for Max.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732215&mesg_id=2746020
2746020, RE: Hell of a weekend for Max.
Posted by upUPNorth, Tue Sep-07-21 08:53 PM
Yeah that was pretty epic, the Dutch definitely prepared for that homecoming of a race lol, had a giant flag for him, a singer waiting for the anthem, if he didn't win that race I'm not even sure they would have been ready lol! Hamilton would have spoiled quite the party, but Verstappen deserved that moment after Hamilton got his at Silverstone however that race went. The orange fans are cool though, I know they show up for all their teams, part of the reason I like their women's football squad, so I can't be mad.

It was a decent race even if it didn't feel like tooo much happened, especially after Spa, but all that team stuff resolved itself today I think or most of it. Alfa already announced Valterri is joining them next season after the race weekend and Kimi's retirement, which he announced and then proceeded to get COVID and not attend the race lol. Mercedes just officially announced Russell. Alpha Tauri confirmed they're retaining both their drivers. The Williams seat is the only one still unlcear though it seems like Albon might get back in F1 that way unless Mercedes play their customer team card hard in the background and get one of their drivers in it (Wolff is being nice in public).

The banking was cool to see, sounds like they've got it lined up for the new Saudi track being built in some parts, and the redesign they have planned for Abu Dhabi later, though not as drastic I think. Monza could be interesting this weekend, hopefully the Sprint Race format here for the second time is a positive, only in terms of maybe diminishing that obnoxious traffic that happens lately in Qualifying.