Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm happy, but not. This was weird
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732215&mesg_id=2743327
2743327, I'm happy, but not. This was weird
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Jul-18-21 11:32 AM
Let's get the big one out the way. I am glad Max is OK. That crash was scary. I do hope he has no lasting injuries once.

The crash: It's super hard to be objective on this one. Both sides dislike and distrust each other, and whether you're a RB or Petronas fan, Max or Lewis fan, nothing is going to change your mind on who's at fault or what the penalty should have been. I think it was a racing incident, but I'm an admitted Hamilton fan. RB fans may want to follow Marko's calls for a race ban for Hamilton, but that's not happening. Still, I understand them wanting blood, as Lewis gets the win, cuts the lead down to 8, and puts RB in a financial bind with that chassis no doubt a write off. As I'm typing I'm listening to Horner do everything he can to vilify Lewis' character and sportsmanship without getting fined. Should Lewis have pulled out in that corner? Eh... I think he was far enough alongside, but it was super risky. At the end of the day, this is going to be super scrutinized because all that's at stake. If the same incident happens between, say, Gasley and Russell, there's not nearly the hullabaloo. But if a title rival has an incident with the leading rival and takes the win, it never looks good. But you not about to paint Hamilton out as Chip Hicks...

More later.