Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAgreed. I think Stevens deserves SOME criticism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2732193&mesg_id=2732399
2732399, Agreed. I think Stevens deserves SOME criticism
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Feb-18-21 04:23 PM

>really, the issue with the Celtics is Danny Ainge.

But as I’ve said before this season is on Ainge. It was his job to find someone to replace Hayward’s production and find adequate backups at Center and PG. He didn’t do the former and picked bad choices for the latter.

>Both Hayward and Rozier looking good on the Hornets now

The Hayward and Rozier takes are VERY revisionist. EVERYONE clowned the Hayward deal, including myself, but I don’t think he’d be balling like this on a real contender and his presence takes minutes away from Brown and Tatum. Also it’s not a surprise to see him look good in year 1 of this deal, but come back to me in year 3 or 4 when they’re desperately trying to trade the guy. Again, it was Ainge’s job to replace his production. Stevens could create better rotations I suppose, but it’s difficult to invent that production out of thin air.

I’ll always love and root for Terry, but it was basically a choice between keeping him or Smart and they made the right choice. I don’t think he’d be a good fit here long-term and he was awful last season. Him and LaMelo are gelling though and I’m really happy for him.