Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthat seems pretty apparent to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2734574
2734574, that seems pretty apparent to me
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Mar-30-21 04:25 PM
>I worry that they gave Kenny the title to try to ‘save’
>him.

its also pretty apparent to me that he was detrimentally booked into needing to BE saved. aside from his style, which many like but i do not, he was not positioned to be the champ before he became the champ.

So far:
- brutally attacked by a cool heel in Moxley(kiss of death btw)
- heeled on Moxley because Moxley was injured
- had his lights turned off clean by PAC
- defeats PAC 2 out of 3 bc the Bucks interfere, and first fall was a DQ
- initiated physicality with Nyla Rose
- aforementioned jobber "5* match"
- assholishly abandons his tag team partner the very first time that partner failed to win the match singlehandedly
- that abortion on the football field
- wins a midcarder filled tournament out of nowhere by beating the tag team partner that carried his ass for months
- the Good Brothers up his ass
- "69 me don"

What the fuck lol. Reading it all typed out makes it seem even more absurd.

>He’s a killer worker but sadly the US market won’t
>allow you to just be a good wrestler who wants to be
>champ..there has to be some extra character-based shit mixed
>in there somewhere or you may as well be ROH 10 years ago.

He just has no personality. Everything hes been on TV has been "character-based" and I still have no idea who the fuck he IS, because hes clearly a bad actor playing roles.

>Folks who love Hogan nWo title runs..I double dog dare anyone
>to go back and watch him pretend to be horrified of wrestling
>Warrior/Piper or whoever. And then the resulting match would
>damn near be the worst title matches on the show. And his tv
>matches? Openly horrible.

I loved (by vehemently hating) his FIRST nWo title run. It, and the whole NWO, should have ended after Starrcade tho. But it didnt matter if his matches were bad, the crowd ate that shit up by the barrel for half of 96 and all of 97. No one cared that Hogan had a bad match Sunday night when Sting is coming down on a fucking zipline and sending Hogan into a tizzy on Monday.

>Jericho going to AEW was great for the company.

This is undeniable. When he initially did his "I demand a thank you!" bit he even got the smart-marks in the crowd mad.

>Folks will still cry and moan no matter what but I am
>very glad that some other company exists that doesn’t have
>the stank of TNA on it or the lack of reach that plagues ROH.

Thats the thing, I am too. I want AEW to be awesome, and there are these intermittent things that literally lift me out of my seat as im watching. Ive referenced it here a bunch of times, but when Ricky Starks attacked Darby Allen amd did his "I dont need to paint my face to be somebody!" promo 2 inches from Darby's lifeless face...fuck. Just spectacular and visceral and REAL. We're never getting that from WWE programming ever agin, and I personally only get that particular feeling through watching wrestling.

So, if i have sit through AEW's nonsense to get stuff like that, Im 100% going to make that experience more tolerable by venting my frustrations.

>I’m guessing if they sell ads and merch, they are fine for a
>while.

They are but thats also a problem. No pressure to draw means no pressure to change into something that could draw.

>I agree that Jericho’s days of carrying the wrestling
>portion of anything should be done but he can be asked to do 3
>or 4 ‘real’ matches a year. He exists right now to get
>worked by MJF. And he’s gonna do it so that’s cool.

I feel like this is probably the seed for the face run into the sunset lol.