Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOmega is terrible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2734444
2734444, Omega is terrible
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Mar-28-21 09:19 AM
leaving aside the total lack of believability in his ridiculously overrated matches, he is maybe the single worst talker to ever carry a major American championship. since he isnt a credible monster like Kane or a credible shooter like Brock he's guaranteed to go nowhere in this country with that pathetic rap.

he sounds like a high school drama understudy who gets his big break when the good actor is sick on opening night, and hes trying to win an Academy Award for doing South Pacific in the gym in front of 30 parents and the AP English class (which hes obviously not in) thats there for extra credit.

nobody talks like that. as ceej once asked, how does someone not know how people talk?
they cant let anyone cut a good promo on him, because they'll make him look stupid.

his biggest wins in AEW involve the Bucks helping him beat PAC and Don Callis helping him beat Moxley (who woke him up for a
sit-down superslap party instead of pinning his lifeless body)

hes been presented like a goof, he talks like a goof, and the booking genius that brings us AEW thought that a tournament streak of beating Sonny Kiss, a round 1 loser (Penta), and an insecure crybaby descending into alcoholism would reshape that into something impressive, for reasons unknown to humanity.

and speaking of fucking goofs...these are the feared and revered Gallows and Anderson? what the fuck is wrong with these people? why is everyone allowed to express their most basic self-masturbatory urges while the audience treads sub-million water?

i dont understand the vision. Bullet Club means nothing to me and Im one of the people who *already* watches the show. i cant imagine who this will appeal to beyond who they already have.