Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI like Jim when he's not talking about the current product
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2733771
2733771, I like Jim when he's not talking about the current product
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Mar-18-21 05:34 PM
Even though I agree with a fair amount of his criticism, I derive next to enjoyment from listening to a guy like him rant and rave about how bad it is.

I'd much rather chop it up with friends, or message boards for that.

But cats like Jim are fantastic when they're serving as ambassadors and curators of their eras. Guys like Jim become too married to the gimmick to make it worth listening to even the criticisms I agree with.

Jericho is in that same boat on the opposite end, where he thinks every match he has ever had "TORE THE HOUSE DOWN!", and every friend he has nothing short of spectacularly, amazingly, mind blowingly great.

Jim shits on everything, while Chris felates everything.

The Conrad- who I like until SAVE WITH CONRAD plays- casts with Bischoff, JR, and now Kurt, are excellent for their deep dives into specific historical subject matter.

Meltzer is boring and Alvarez can't talk about anything without that smarmy, snide, nerdy tone in his voice.

In terms of coverage of current content, I only rock with Solomonster and Keller. I respect Keller's analytic and journalistic approach (in terms of his audio content, I don't read Torch content) to his coverage, and Solomonster is about as good as it gets when it comes to coverage from die hard fans. He's not trying to get himself over, he doesn't have some crutch ass gimmick, and he tends to have pretty solid takes. Even when I disagree with certain things, he usually has a reasonable perspective.