Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe match was a lot of fun.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2733103
2733103, The match was a lot of fun.
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Mar-04-21 02:26 AM
The flow of the match itself was decent, but I still marked out at all of it. JJ Dillon. The vintage belts. The shoe. The tope fake-out. The slingshot suplex. Hell, I even went for Spears dressed up as the cameraman and clocking Luchasaurus with the glove. And the post match stuff, with Arn flashing the Horsemen symbol and Dillon going old school on Schiovane made me smile as well.

And while we're here, the Shaq match... I've seen much, MUCH worse. AEW never made us care about it during lead-up, but it seems like they figured out it wasn't working. So they moved it off the PPV and had it as the opening match. Yes, they were moving at 15 mph. And Cargill was green as a leaf. But Shaq seemed like he took the training seriously. His powerbomb was decent. Him taking the chair shot and beating up the Gunn brothers was fine. And clearly the highlight was him going through both tables, which he sold like he got hit with a truck. And now I ex
The episode in general was kind of "eh." Even though it was a hard sell for the PPV, there was very little about the main event. I wasn't feeling the Rose/Mizunami match; it also seemed like it was in slow motion. They built up the Street Fight decently. I was fine with the Fenix/Pac squash; I'm guessing Serpentico got hurt, so they're putting 2/3 of Death Triangle into the Tag Team Battle Royale. And I was fine was the Caster/Ten match.

Not their strongest episode, but sort of looking forward to the PPV.