Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI stopped taking Cornette seriously when it comes to talking about...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2732213
2732213, I stopped taking Cornette seriously when it comes to talking about...
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Feb-15-21 02:44 AM
...current wrestling.

I'm not going to front, listening to stuff from his podcasts and shoot interviews while at work is part of what sparked my interest in wrestling after being away for a while. And from listening to him to the way he described Omega, he made sound like Erik Watts crossed with Vince Russo. Then when I finally started watching AEW, I was a bit shocked at how largely inoffensive he is. Yeah, he's pretty far down the list in terms of what I enjoy about the company, but he's far from disgracing the business out there.

And speaking as someone who works as a critic from time to time, if 95% of what you have to say is negative, then that doesn't speak well of your critical abilities. Yes, it can fun to shit on stuff, but it shouldn't make up the lion's share of your schtick. It's telling when the longest clips of the podcast are him shitting on whatever was on AEW last weeks, and he can barely scrape together 5 minutes of discussion about what he actually enjoys.