Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: pretty clever of them last night since there was no crowd
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2731202&mesg_id=2731319
2731319, RE: pretty clever of them last night since there was no crowd
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Feb-01-21 02:42 PM
>because there's no way in 2021 they could've trot out
>Goldberg in a title match or put Edge and Orton in the final 2
>in front of a smark crowd and not have the audience completely
>shit all over it.
>
>Sometimes I wish AEW wasn't mostly trash and was a legitimate
>alternative, then sometimes I think I just don't like this
>stuff anymore

I’m fine with old dudes who can work. I’m really fine with old dudes who have stories that make them compelling..ie: hurt dudes who got well enough to come back. Edge and Christian for instance. Not Goldberg for another. That mfer can’t work and he’s like a fake Brock who is more willing to show up and job here and there. And even with him, I appreciate that he does the physical work to at least try to look good when he shows up.

I’m mostly not fine with the guys who are stuck in the middle with no way out. Ie: Cesaro and Sheamus. Daniel Bryan and AJ now to a lesser degree.

Aew got who they could get. If they stay with it long enough, they might stumble into just the right set of guys and things could get fun. I honestly don’t expect much from them right now at all. Maybe that’s my fault. But I get that shit is tough when rando folks are making 75 - 200k to work 5x a month if that in wwe. You need a guy who is good but still hungry to do more who is almost clean contract wise. That’s not always gonna happen. And shit, would AEW do any better with a Sheamus? Or even someone crazy like an AJ Styles? What about Ricochet? Lucha Underground was fun with him as the main face but what would AEW really do with him?