Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2021 NBA Regular Season (1/24-1/30)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2730564
2730564, 2021 NBA Regular Season (1/24-1/30)
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-24-21 07:13 AM
1st quarter of the season coming to a close this week, with the Lakers holding court.

No excuses.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2730569, GOAT with the assist of the night
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jan-24-21 09:45 AM
https://twitter.com/kobeblvd/status/1353204754495639553?s=21

Wonder what that was about. I think I was game surfing during this moment

Also anyone else feel like Kuz and THT don’t really fw each other? I swear I see them wide ass open and won’t pass to each other a lot.
2730571, He ain’t even the GOAT of this generation.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-24-21 10:14 AM
You can’t be the GOAT when you were dominated by other players and teams,
especially after building a super team to go after championships.

Curry is 3-1 vs Lebron in Championships. Kawhi won a championship
vs Lebron. Dirk won a championship against Lebron. KD won 2 championships
against Lebron.

Curry and the Warriors built a dynasty off beating Lebron. Every last one
Of their championships were against Lebron.

Curry changed the way the NBA played basketball and he
owned Lebron.

Curry is the GOAT of this generation.
And MJ is the forever GOAT.

Sorry, Charlie.

2730594, ^^This is why everyone laughs at allStah^^
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-24-21 03:25 PM
..Dude, your context skills are severely lacking.

Step outside of your Bron hatred long enough to BREATHE. get some fresh air, fool. LMAO!

2730602, Lol...dude wrote a dissertation about someone...
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jan-24-21 03:46 PM
that no one was even talking about.
2730609, HE DON'T WATCH THE GAMES © allStah...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-24-21 03:59 PM
..hilarisad.

2730649, What a buffoon. Now he won’t even take this L. Haha 😂
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Jan-24-21 05:26 PM
2730727, *dead*
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jan-24-21 06:49 PM
2730815, Preemptive Strike.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 02:15 AM

2730787, I agree that Curry and MJ are better than Caruso
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Jan-24-21 09:33 PM
But it’s close!
2730850, LOLZ
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jan-25-21 10:25 AM
2730820, I had to read this to make sure
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 06:55 AM
It's LeBron. Good.

2730836, umm.. Doc?..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jan-25-21 08:45 AM
..you okay? LOL

2730875, in NBA discussion, you never know
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 01:50 PM
if they're talking Wardell or LeGOAT
2730570, ^^^ 2021 MVP = Joel Embiid b/w DPOTY = Ben Simmons
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jan-24-21 10:14 AM
At some point, folks will have to start talking about the 6ers.
2730572, It’s a tie between Embid and Jokic.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-24-21 10:23 AM
As far as DPOY, I think the nod goes to Andrew Wiggins right now. He guards
the best player of each team that he faces. He held Lebron to 6-16 shooting,
and he is holding players to 6 percent under their normal FG pct.

2730600, has to be jokic rn
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-24-21 03:39 PM
PHI has the better record but they have a better team too. PHI could conceivably win a game with embiid out. it's inconceivable that DEN wins a game without jokic playing
2730802, That’s not what the award is about, Jokic’s team is barely over .500
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-24-21 11:10 PM
>PHI has the better record but they have a better team too.
>PHI could conceivably win a game with embiid out. it's
>inconceivable that DEN wins a game without jokic playing
2730816, If Jokic avg a triple double and leads the league in assists
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 02:19 AM
for the entire year, he will win it.

2730865, But DEN is worse...so far this season
Posted by bentagain, Mon Jan-25-21 12:32 PM
IIRC, DEN was the lead dog for parts of last season

They fell to the 3rd seed late in the year

This season, Joker’s avg a triple double...and they’re worse

I think it’s important to not just make a stats argument in the run and gun nba of 2021

If he’s the mvp and his numbers are up...why are they worse?

Legit asking

Watched them a couple of times

They don’t look bad...but aren’t closing.
2730885, i'm probably interpreting it too literally
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jan-25-21 03:59 PM
i think if advanced and traditional stats between two MVP candidates are comparable — jokic and embiid have nearly identical PIE as of this post — the tiebreaker should be how much worse the team would be without that player, using some kind of wins-over-replacement-like stat. to me the definition of "most valuable" is lifting a team that would normally have a 30% win rate up to a middle or high seed in the playoffs. i think this is the case with DEN and jokic this year. and for the record, 1/3 of the NBA is at or just above .500. right now the nuggets are in the playoffs. without jokic they would be like 2-14

but what do i know? i'm one of the dummies that thought harden should have won over yawnis cantshootafreethrow in 18-19 because harden had to overcome more during that season. eurostep bully won it because he had to overcome more in life. the beard and the freak's advanced and traditional stats were almost identical that year. giannis got the award because his narrative (humble beginnings, loves his GF, warm, kind of dumb, and goofy) was more pleasing than harden's (less humble beginnings, strip clubs and gyms, comparatively cold and distant)

to your question, DEN's record is worse because they lost all their best defenders in grant, plumlee, and craig. DEN's biggest problem over the last couple of years has been how inconsistent everyone but jokic is on offense. previously they had a decent D to cover that up but now they're really exposed. they're at least close in most of the losses. they've also been missing a lot of offense with murray struggling to find his rhythm and battling minor injuries and MPJ being out for weeks being a covid denying dumbass
2730888, even in losses I watched Ayton kill Jokic 2 nights in a row, for all his...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 04:19 PM
offensive glory he's a defensive liability.

You can hide a weak guard on defense you can't hide a center
2730889, even in losses I watched Ayton kill Jokic 2 nights in a row, for all his...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 04:20 PM
offensive glory he's a defensive liability.

You can hide a weak guard on defense you can't hide a center
2731027, Sixers are 0-4 w/o Embiid and 12-2 when he plays.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Wed Jan-27-21 05:45 PM
Sure, they could conceivably win games without him, but they’re not. They can play with anyone if he’s in the lineup, but lose to anyone (as they recently did to Detroit) when he’s not in the lineup.

He has some nice pieces around him, but the team is entirely dependent on him.
2730575, Still early, but he’s in the drivers seat if he can keep this pace and
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Jan-24-21 11:07 AM
the 76ers are a top contender in the East. I love his focus, drive, and discipline. It really feels like he cares about his legacy and is doing the things necessary to play at an elite level.
2730601, No.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-24-21 03:42 PM

2730573, Shouldn’t the Pels be a lot better?
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Jan-24-21 11:03 AM
They had a full, healthy lineup last night and lost to a decimated T-Wolves team. BI is entering his prime and is playing well, a young Zion - who most thought would have a Shaq/Lebron-esq entrance to the NBA, Steven Adams, Lonzo, Reddick. They’re definitely not devoid of talent, but continue to play like a sub-par, lottery team.
2730582, There's a big scheme problem here.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jan-24-21 01:33 PM
They give up more 3s on defense than any team-- and teams hit 3s against them at a high clip. Then, on offense, they take fewer 3s than nearly any team, and they hit 3s at a well below-average clip (shout out to Lonzo shooting over 7 3s a game and hitting 29% of them!).

So, y'know, I'm no basketball wizard... but if you're at the bottom of the league in making and taking 3s, and the team facing you is at the top of the league is making and taking 3s... that seems bad.

Hard to tell how much of this is by design. SVG's obviously an old school dude, but it's not like he hasn't run perimeter offenses before. The whole Orlando Finals team was centered around taking 3s and preventing your opponent from taking 3s. Obviously they had a Hall of Fame center and guys who could make 3s, so it's easier to scheme around that roster construction... but still.

Most non-Ingram players on the team have deficiencies right now one way or another, so there's on-the-floor blame to go around... but yeah, Lonzo's playing 31 MPG, doing under a 2:1 A:TO ratio and launching 7+ 3s a game at a 29% hit rate. If the player playing the third most MPG on your team has negative VORP, then either he needs to wake up, or the coaches need to make a change.
2730585, LAL had the same problem with that personnel
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jan-24-21 02:16 PM
Perennial bottom of the league in 3pt stats when alladem dudes were LALs.

2730588, Too many players with the same personality
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-24-21 02:54 PM
Reticent, sorta introverted

Ingram, Ball, Adams, Bledsoe, even Zion...You can’t tell if they
are winning or losing.

Where is the vocal, aggressive leader(s)? Where is the big personality player?
Who is the Alpha on this squad?

They are all talented and skillful, but the drive just isn’t there.

2730803, SVG ladies & gentlemen
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-24-21 11:12 PM
2730598, harden gonna ask for another trade before the deadline.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jan-24-21 03:34 PM
aint no way dude gonna stay happy with these stat lines.
2730610, LOL.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Jan-24-21 04:02 PM

2730798, Westbrook is never going to change.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-24-21 10:57 PM
It’s Allen Iverson all over again, similar trajectories.

Iverson was tough, but inefficient. He went to the finals, but lost.
Got traded to Denver, and paired up with Carmelo, but it amounted to nothing.
Got traded to Detroit ,I believe , and things really went down hill.
He wouldn’t listen, and he never changed his game. Once his athleticism left
, he turned into a below avg player.

Westbrook is tough, but highly inefficient. He went to the finals, but lost.
Got traded to Houston, paired up with Harden, things turned into a shit show.
Now he is playing in Washington, and his game has regressed even further.

2730838, Wiz still have him for two more years.....
Posted by B.J.S.301, Mon Jan-25-21 08:50 AM
Painful to watch him play right now.

For him to be missing layups and midrange is bad. He has a quad injury currently that Brooks says he's "healed" from....yeah okay.....

I think he tried to dial it back some this game and facilitate, but he's got a lot of work to do if he still wants to be in the league after this contract.
2730818, Time for IQ to start
Posted by Castro, Mon Jan-25-21 03:22 AM
Thibs can't act like he doesn't see it
2730823, I mean hey, it’s time.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jan-25-21 07:31 AM
>Thibs can't act like he doesn't see it
2730854, Beyond overdue.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jan-25-21 10:32 AM
Hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later. Pretty wild that the Knicks found their starting point guard in the second round of the draft. It's been about a 15-20 year hunt for a good long term solution at point.

I'm hoping he improves even more next season; I wonder if he'll put on more size since he's relatively young.
2730876, maybe he's learning not to run his guards into the ground
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 01:51 PM
but yeah, IQ actually looking really solid.

could it be Barrett is getting HELP?!!
2730819, Boston should trade Tatum for Markkanen and Otto Porter
Posted by Castro, Mon Jan-25-21 03:26 AM
We keep being told that Tatum is an Mvp level player...but Jaylen Brown is playing like the superstar.
2730822, it's funny because that has definitely flipped around
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 07:03 AM
I thought Tatum was better, and Brown was NyQuil, now it looks like Brown has switched to the orange stuff.

2017-18 Tatum was a shockingly great player for a rookie. I almost thought they would beat the Cavs in the ECF.

Brown's ascension is the one thing that is gonna keep the Celtics hype train going.

Tatum will catch back up.

Celtics need another good guard. Kemba and Smart (if anything, he's dependable for the things he is) are cool.
2730824, LOL.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jan-25-21 07:32 AM

2730830, I’m a bulls fan.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 08:05 AM
But did you just say trade Jayson Tatum for Lauri and Otto? Lol

Jayson and Jaylon are avg the same numbers

Jaylon- 27/6/3 53fg pct / 43 3pt pct
Jayson - 26/7/3 47fg pct / 43 3pt pct

Lauri - 18/6/1 47fg pct / 36 3pt pct
Otto - 12/6/1 47 fg pct/ 41 3pt pct

And Lauri and Otto are shit defenders.

As a bulls fan, Sure, if Ainge is that unintelligent to do that trade.
But I know he isn’t dumb enough to do something like that.

And before the win yesterday against a Cavs team playing a back to back,
Celtics had lost three in a row Knicks/sixers/sixers ...they are bad without Jayson.

What would make you think of a crazy trade like that?

2730831, I’m a bulls fan.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 08:05 AM
But did you just say trade Jayson Tatum for Lauri and Otto? Lol

Jayson and Jaylon are avg the same numbers

Jaylon- 27/6/3 53fg pct / 43 3pt pct
Jayson - 26/7/3 47fg pct / 43 3pt pct

Lauri - 18/6/1 47fg pct / 36 3pt pct
Otto - 12/6/1 47 fg pct/ 41 3pt pct

And Lauri and Otto are shit defenders.

As a bulls fan, Sure, if Ainge is that unintelligent to do that trade.
But I know he isn’t dumb enough to do something like that. There is
a reason why the bulls have yet to extend Lauri.

And before the win yesterday against a Cavs team playing a back to back,
Celtics had lost three in a row Knicks/sixers/sixers ...they are bad without Jayson.

What would make you think of a crazy trade like that?

2730859, Tatum is two years younger than Brown.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jan-25-21 11:08 AM
and lol @ that trade. yeah, the Celtics will trade a 22-year-old All-Star for the Kirkland Brand Dirk and a guy whose contract is expiring. maybe the Celtics will throw in Kemba if the Bulls include Garrett Temple and Thaddeus Young!
2730861, Tatum hasn't even played in damn near 3 weeks
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jan-25-21 11:29 AM
2730872, put the crack pipe down
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 01:24 PM
2730873, Why trade either of them? lol
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Jan-25-21 01:41 PM
>We keep being told that Tatum is an Mvp level player...but
>Jaylen Brown is playing like the superstar.

You’re acting like they don’t fit or something. Not only do they play well together, but they are both locked in for years to come.
2730923, Okay, 1) I proposed this based on fit
Posted by Castro, Tue Jan-26-21 08:37 AM
Yes, they statistically put up numbers together, but Boston is stuck in a rut. Better than most of the teams in their conference, but not good enough to get to the finals. The Kyrie experiment failed. Kemba as a replacement was nice but they ran into buzzsaw in Miami that they couldn't get around. Do they wait and build some more through the draft or make a move? We know they aren't replacing the coach.

I think that the fit is not there for them to progress to the next level.
2731175, But your proposed fit is a far worse fit.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jan-30-21 10:38 AM
>I think that the fit is not there for them to progress to the
>next level.

Tatum is 22. Brown is 24. Both signed through 2024, Tatum signed through 2025. There is no reason to sell on either of them. Especially for two *worse* players, both of whom are on expiring deals. Like... that suggestion, even disregarding fit, is bonkers, lol.

Furthermore, the idea that Tatum and Brown are the ones who don't "fit" into Stevens's switch everything, wing-oriented offense... is really strange. Their entire scheme is built around the fact that they fit what Stevens wants to do so well. He wants four players on the perimeter who can create for themselves and others while also, perhaps most importantly, credibly switching everything on defense. Tatum and Brown are perfect for this scheme.

If anyone on the floor doesn't fit, it's honestly Kemba. He can't credibly switch on defense against wings or bigger players. The ideal fit for Stevens's system here is a taller guard. Kemba's very good, but he's 6 feet and 185 lbs, and we saw him struggle when teams targeted him (much like they did Kyrie and Rozier) on the switches in the pick and roll last playoffs. Stevens's ideal point guard is someone like Malcolm Brogdon or maybe Jrue Holiday-- someone who can shoot and distribute well enough but who can also capably defend through all those switches. If we're looking for a reason why Stevens can't break through to the Finals, it's because every PG he plays-- Walker, Rozier, Kyrie, Lil Zeke-- is too small to defend on switches. So if we're trying to solve fit, that's honestly the place to start. (Also, he's already 30, and he's only signed through next season, so when looking for players to trade, he fits the profile.)

Furthermore, Lauri's just a terrible fit for Stevens. Does Lauri play the 5 in this proposed scheme? A Kemba/Smart/Brown/Porter/Lauri lineup? Stevens wants a burly 5 to set hard screens, goon in the paint, and switch reasonably onto perimeter players-- so guys like Thompson, Theis, Grant Williams, they all make sense. Lauri isn't good at any of the things Stevens wants big men to do. And if the goal is to make Lauri a 4, that might be worse, because on top of having to defend even more perimeter players, which Lauri can't do, Stevens wants four guys on the outside who can all make plays for themselves and others, and Lauri has one of the lowest assist rates in the league for guys with such a high usage. He'd immediately be one of the worst passers on the roster.

You may be right that making a move is a good idea for the Celtics-- although making the ECF three out of four seasons with stars that still haven't entered their prime doesn't necessitate panic either-- but you don't move your two guys who (a) are both under 25, (b) are both signed to long term deals, and (c) are both absolutely perfect for the coach's scheme.
2731185, But they're not stuck in a rut BECAUSE of those guys
Posted by pretentious username, Sat Jan-30-21 01:40 PM
For example, in Philly the eternal question is "Simmons and Embiid are fantastic, but can they fit together?" Boston certainly does need another piece, but that problem of fitting together doesn't apply to Tatum and Brown. We need to take a hard look at the rest of the team, not those 2 guys.

And also, this may all be overreacting because we haven't truly seen what they can do with a healthy Kemba. Given how Theis has worked out as a starter and Smart does everything... it actually could still work as is. Would I bet on it? No, but I don't see the need to panic just yet.

Plus, like Frank said, they're still young and are locked in for years. I've been a critic of how Ainge handled this past offseason, but also I'm glad he didn't make a panic move that could hurt the chemistry of the team (like trading one of those guys for Harden).
2730825, Thoughts on Miami using Covid-sniffing dogs to screen fans?..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jan-25-21 07:36 AM
..I find it interesting that the NBA is having enough trouble fielding healthy rosters, yet its already pushing to allow fans?

I'm not a fan of this move at all.

2730835, NBA postponing games left and right......
Posted by B.J.S.301, Mon Jan-25-21 08:42 AM
Wiz just missed two weeks for their COVID outbreak and still barely had enough players for last night.

I don't know if it is a good idea to keep playing at all....And no clue how the Wiz are gonna make up 6 games.....
2730837, Like I said...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jan-25-21 08:48 AM
..They have enough of a challenge keeping players healthy in that limited environment, why on earth would they think its a good idea to increase the number of people in these arenas while this virus is surging?

2730841, It's a horrible idea......
Posted by B.J.S.301, Mon Jan-25-21 08:54 AM
But.......

Money.........

How is Carnival Cruise lines doing for Micky Arison right now? Gotta get some revenue in some kind of way I guess.....
2730851, See college basketball
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 10:26 AM
They will keep rolling.

College basketball postpones about 4 games a day....and the big ten
Can’t go a week without postponing games. And Michigan will probably
be unable to play for about 2 weeks due to the latest outbreak.

Compared to college basketball , the NBA’s situation isn’t that bad.The majority
of games are being played.

No way in hell should fans be let in though.

2730869, If they gonna let fans in, might as well try anything
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jan-25-21 01:15 PM
And everything.

If you're against fans all together, fine.
2730877, We're not against fans...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Jan-25-21 01:52 PM
..we're not against fans in the stands
but we are against those dumb-ass billionaires determined to put even more people at risk unnecessarily

*cue synthesized bass*

FOOL, THIS RONA AIN'T GOOOOOONE
FOOL, THIS RONA AIN'T GOOOOOONE
FOOL, THIS RONA AIN'T GOOO-OO-OO-OO-ONE
SO KEEP Y'ALL ASSES AT HOOO-OO-OO-OO-OME

*Paid for by Bone Thugs 'N Harmony*

2730874, Florida gonna Florida
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Jan-25-21 01:45 PM
>..I find it interesting that the NBA is having enough trouble
>fielding healthy rosters, yet its already pushing to allow
>fans?
>

I mean, in Florida’s defense, they’ve basically been open this whole time and they don’t have it as bad as my state (California) or many others, but regardless of the numbers no one’s gonna tell Florida what to do.

Also there’s not a chance these dogs can actually sniff out COVID. If there’s anything less accurate than the rapid tests, it’s gotta be COVID-sniffing dogs.
2730887, Silly question time:
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jan-25-21 04:17 PM
if the dogs are gonna sniff out COVID, wouldn't in turn give them COVID?
2730892, They go back and forth on animal immunity
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 05:34 PM
2730935, i think being in close contact with a + is defined as like 10-15 minutes
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jan-26-21 10:30 AM
2730920, I don't trust Florida's COVID reporting for shit
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jan-26-21 02:53 AM

>I mean, in Florida’s defense, they’ve basically been open
>this whole time and they don’t have it as bad as my state
>(California) or many others, but regardless of the numbers no
>one’s gonna tell Florida what to do.

It wasn't that long ago that basically admitted they were going to stop reporting to the CDC and cook the numbers to make them look good. I imagine things are a lot worse down there than they're letting on. But they'll still let anyone do anything.
2730896, epidemiologists still know realtively little about the virus
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Jan-25-21 08:10 PM
yet the miami heat are certain that the science behind covid sniffing dogs is solid enough to roll this out as a solution?

unsurprisingly... "most of these findings have not yet been peer reviewed or published, making it hard for the wider scientific community to evaluate the claims" and "Groups need to boost their sample sizes before the wider scientific community can evaluate how useful the dogs might be."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03149-9

2730916, its wild how all the science points in one direction...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Jan-26-21 01:14 AM
..BUT $$$ is the only direction these fools pay attention to.

2730919, Imagine u and ya girl had Courtside seats and the dog alerts on ya chik
Posted by SeV, Tue Jan-26-21 02:37 AM
U still going in or naw?

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!
2730981, Win win...i'd have the homie on standby
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jan-26-21 08:57 PM
2730897, Bron back in Cleveland tonight
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 08:12 PM
2730898, Bron shoots that fadeaway from the Earth's core, lol
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Jan-25-21 08:38 PM
2730899, his J is on some other shit this year
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jan-25-21 08:40 PM
2730905, caruso being a fringe dude on our rotation is some BS
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jan-25-21 09:59 PM
2730906, good performance by harden vs MIA tonight
Posted by bearfield, Mon Jan-25-21 10:00 PM
1/2 FG in the first half then 4/5 in the 4th to close it out. 20 points on 10 shots is extremely efficient. only 3 TO as well. it seems like he's content to be the facilitator but i think he's a little too focused on passing at the moment. in previous games he ignored several open shots and drives to the rim looking for the AST. maybe he can reach a healthy balance between scoring and using his gravity to generate open looks for his teammates
2730912, He is showcasing a true all around game.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 11:02 PM
Rebounding, passing, scoring, defense.

They still don’t have enough, but he is given a hell of an effort.
2730907, Kawhi and George will be out indefinitely due to Covid Restrictions
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-25-21 10:04 PM
These guys have been on fire, but it’s better that this happens now as opposed
to later. They have a huge road trip coming as well.

2730908, this dude lebron out here like giant steph curry
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jan-25-21 10:31 PM
2730911, he had 2 LeFuckYou 3s in a row I didn't have enough time to tweet
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 10:52 PM
2730913, Witness
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jan-25-21 11:17 PM
2730914, man he look like a damn monster out there in these highlights
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jan-26-21 12:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVr79GTlx-0
2730938, he aint ever been this comfortable
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Jan-26-21 10:42 AM
not even in miami. he playing free as fuck.
2730918, This dude get his first 40 point game of the year.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-26-21 01:45 AM
and y’all lose y’all’s minds.

against the bum ass Cavs who they barely put away.

Congrats.
2730922, U mad
Posted by DJR, Tue Jan-26-21 08:14 AM
2730910, feel better about that one than the Boston shitfest
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-25-21 10:51 PM
late turnovers and LeGOAT going LeGOAT.

for a team that's "in progress" legitimately, that's the best you can do at this stage. need more fluid offense in crunch time.

surprised it was that close tbh
2730915, its funny how nobody mentions anyone being better than bron anymore.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jan-26-21 12:20 AM
like nobody even cares to act like theres any question who the best player in the league is.

basically all dudes do nowadays is ascend just high enough to prove they aint as great as him. then we go back to lowering expectations for them and wonder if they ever make it to/past the conference finals.

dude is prolly a more complete player than he even was last year and the gap between him and the field might even be a lil bigger.

at damn 36 years old.
2730917, KD is better by a mile.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-26-21 01:27 AM
Only thing that held him back for the past two years were injuries, or it
would have been 4 titles for him. And he is 2-1 in head to head title battles.

He is basically a 90/40/50 guy with better stats. 8 straight seasons of 50
Percent shooting.

This season:

KD: 31 ppg/ 53pct fg / 47pct 3 point shooting

Lebron: 23 Ppg/ 47 pct fg / 38pct 3 point shooting

And KD is coming off an Achilles injury and being away for 2 years.

So no he is not the best player in the league. And Jaylon, Jayson, and Embid have
better stats as well.

He score his first 40 point game of the season against a bum ass Cavs team
and people lose their minds. Lol.

Jordan between the ages of 38- 40 dropped 40 and 50 points with THE WIZARDS...
after being retired for 3 years. The oldest to ever do that.

So you were saying about Lebron being 36 years old?

As long as I’m here, there will be nothing but facts and truth on who the GOAT is.

RECEIPTS.
2730921, “Better stats” = more PPG
Posted by DJR, Tue Jan-26-21 07:46 AM
2730945, Don’t mind him. He’s still not even taken the L from this damn thread
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-26-21 12:53 PM
2730950, I’m here forever, my ninja.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-26-21 02:27 PM
I got a whole drawer full of RECEIPTS
2730929, year 18 in the league and he's doing Steph Curry shots like it's nothing
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-26-21 09:45 AM
LOL

unlike Boody, he is a true GOAT
2730982, We dont even have a clear #2
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jan-26-21 09:01 PM
I think durant is showing its him and he's back but its been a month.

Outside of Durant, it could be Kahwi, giannis or AD depending on who ya ask.
2730946, is it crazy to anybody else that they're planning an all-star game?
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-26-21 01:55 PM
2730948, it's nuts and with the way Atlanta is open, could be a disaster
Posted by CherNic, Tue Jan-26-21 02:12 PM
WE DON'T WANT THIS. JUST DONATE TO HBCUS AND GO
2730952, Playing is stupid. They do have to name all stars though.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-26-21 03:26 PM
Too many contract incentives out there to not
2730979, Right I thought all along that they would name all stars but not...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-26-21 08:38 PM
actually play.

They’re barely getting through the games now, what if someone at the ASG tests positive? Now you have at least half the stars in the league in quarantine? Do they really think dudes are going to stay in their hotel rooms in Atlanta?! Lol
2731091, Have to imagine
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jan-28-21 03:27 PM
the league and the owners are starving for any and all TV revenue they can get right now.
2731028, King Ghidorah vs Magic City and ViBronium vs. Jo-El from Krypton
Posted by Castro, Wed Jan-27-21 05:52 PM
Honestly, only the Dubs vs. T-Wolves seems like a snoozer.

Every other game tonite is intriguing.
2731032, embiid aint came out the paint all game. i like it.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 08:09 PM
2731033, vogel killing me not giving caruso minutes
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 08:28 PM
unless he's hurt he should be the 1st or 2nd man off the bench
2731034, KD made John Collins touch earth lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 08:37 PM
https://twitter.com/gametime_br/status/1354604070124875787
https://twitter.com/BiggaBoss_Biggz/status/1354604028215361539
2731038, and he got bodied by uncle jeff
Posted by bearfield, Wed Jan-27-21 09:32 PM
2731070, pornography
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Jan-28-21 09:04 AM
lol
2731035, Bam Adebayo better than Donkeylips
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jan-27-21 09:03 PM
2731040, Donkeylips 3.0
Posted by Castro, Wed Jan-27-21 09:41 PM
2731065, i want to disagree off GP
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Jan-28-21 08:13 AM
but i need to watch more Bam this year
2731074, he got a lot of the same skillsets.... AND he can score
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jan-28-21 09:38 AM
he is going to be a problem

Bam is one of the reasons I can't wait to see a full strength Jimmy Heat v. Warriors matchup.

2731075, you mean now or peak dray? cause now it's not even a question
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-28-21 09:43 AM
2731176, lol right. Bam is easily better today.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jan-30-21 10:42 AM
And I definitely think Bam is going to impact winning long term in a Draymond-esque way. It's just so rare to have a high IQ big who can pass and who can *actually* defend all 5 positions-- not just on some draft night bullshit, but for real.

If I'm starting an NBA team in the year 2021, Bam would easily be one of the top ten guys I'd choose. Not saying he's one of the ten best players in the league... but if you want to build your team around versatility (which you should in 2021)? You can count on one hand the number of guys who can do what Bam does. (Maybe like 1 and a half hands. But that's at most.)
2731037, damn bron chill. i thought that was it for embiid
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 09:29 PM
that scared the hell out of me.
2731039, All because he didn’t want to get dunked on
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Jan-27-21 09:35 PM
The “king”
2731061, i thought a push or some other intentional contact
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jan-28-21 12:48 AM
with no play on the ball while your opponent is airborne was pretty much a guaranteed flagrant 2 now.
2731062, if it's not bron it's likely a flagrant 2
Posted by bearfield, Thu Jan-28-21 01:47 AM
pretty shitty move from him. seemed out of character. reminded me a bit of cp3 dragging bron's arm down on a loose ball play a few years back. like shockingly dangerous
2731073, i expected them to eject him for that. very surprising behavior
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-28-21 09:36 AM
mostly in that he didn't even check on him or even act like he didn't mean to do it. just walked off kinda cold.
2731042, I’m watching this Philly/ Lakers game
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-27-21 09:56 PM
and this is the weakest era in the world.

Foul after foul. Common fouls being called flagrant fouls.

Players crying to the ref on every play.....

2731047, nice of them to try the last 4 mins. deserved L tho.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 10:24 PM
i know vogel playing around w/ the rotation but caruso needs to be a staple. he makes us play a step quicker
2731056, Doc went for the switch to get Caruso on Tobias. Game over.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-28-21 12:11 AM
>i know vogel playing around w/ the rotation but caruso needs
>to be a staple. he makes us play a step quicker
>
2731058, good D better O. +8 in 16 minutes
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-28-21 12:26 AM
if Vogel would manage his minutes better you wouldn't see these lapses of energy

need to bust down wes and morris and get tht/kuz/caruso going off the bench. we need fire since AD is still on autopilot.
2731068, Oh so you’re a THT guy huh
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-28-21 08:27 AM
2731078, absolutely. every laker fan should be.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jan-28-21 10:23 AM
wes aint giving us nothing but bricks, bad defense and 6 fouls to use at this stage of his career

need to fast track THT and get Caruso his proper minutes that he has earned from his much improved 3 ball and continued great perimeter defense. just cause Tobias hit a tough shot on him doesn't invalidate that
2731054, Well Embid killed that illogical Lebron for MVP talk
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-27-21 11:39 PM
Refs really tried to help the Fakers.

Embid ate the shit up out of AD.

And Simmons had a triple double....hmmm who was guarding him?

2731059, embiid almost blew the game camping out around the 3 point line.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jan-28-21 12:28 AM
2731069, I think his back tightened up after the Flagrant 2
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Jan-28-21 09:03 AM
or what was supposed to be a Flagrant 2
2731060, sixers still dont have a closer theyre confident in.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jan-28-21 12:43 AM
and that showed in some really pointless possessions down the stretch.

i dont know if doc just doesnt have much clarity/direction in those moments (especially after time outs or clock stoppages) but sixers looked like they had no idea what they were tryna do. embiid just gumming up the perimeter after eating on the inside all game nshit.

but what they do have is a roster who can be a matchup nightmare for a lot of folks all year. if youre left with someone like caruso having to guard tobias harris...thats obviously gonna work out in your favorite more times than not.

big win regardless tho.
2731064, and this season has been a YUGE improvement IMO
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-28-21 05:48 AM
You noted some bad habits that still need to be broken

But we Lose that game under BB, that is the difference

We do have a closer, Embiid.

I'm going to assume his back really did get tight after that fall and sitting out the previous game with back tightness

His tendency to stop running and camp out at the 3pt line has been a sign of fatigue in the past

I'm going to assume last night was different after that fall

Execution in the halfcourt and TOs are still fixes that need to be addressed

But Jo has been everything for us this year.

The biggest reason last night was almost an L was our usual supporting cast had bad games

Maxey...did he even play?
Shake...wasn't getting his usual buckets
DHo....was a no show
Seth...didn't bring his J

The other 4 starters really got us the W, and I'm okay with that.

Still work to do, but I can't give enough credit to Doc for the improvements I've seen.
2731067, Doc called the play to get the Sixers best perimeter offensive player...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-28-21 08:24 AM
on the Lakers weakest perimeter defender via screen & switch.

The Lakers waited to late to flip the switch last night
2731099, +1, Bron shoulda been ejected.
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-28-21 05:45 PM
2731076, Cavs v. Pistons is a game not meriting a lot of attention
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jan-28-21 09:45 AM
Cavs pulled away in 3Q and didn't look back.

but I just wanna talk about Collin Sexton.
He had 29 points, which you know... you just kind of expect.
But 6 assists. And he's directing traffic now. Called for Windler to get to the top of the key so he could dish it to him, so he could score.

This dude refuses to be sorry. Iverson vibes.

Speaking of Windler, this guy has been a surprise. He needs to build his body up a bit, but he's getting more confident in his shot and he's defending well above expectations.

Taurean Prince really fits well on this team. Does most of what we need, I actually like him at forward more than Love at this point. Love doesn't even need to play 5 at all with the roster we have now.

Okoro is a bad ass. He doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but his defense is low key elite. And he got some Kyrie moves at the hoop, though his weakness is at the offensive end.

Been a Cav fan since the Richfield Coliseum. This team reminds me of those days I first became a fan. We're about a guy or two away from bringing it all back. We're basically missing a Hot Rod Williams in this line up.

They just need to bring back the GOAT jerseys.
2731105, I need top 5 players to win games!!
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-28-21 10:29 PM
Lefraud!

I need help to beat 4-14 teams!

Man get this bum ass nigga out of here.
2731106, If only he could be as good as Danuel House
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jan-28-21 11:20 PM
damn shame
2731107, You Man’s looked old, B
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-28-21 11:40 PM
Gray in the beard and shit. His spray in hair looked faded.

And his jumper was cornflakes dry.

Where the lakers fans at?

It’s was all good 3 days ago.
2731113, last i checked we are still the champs and favorites. worry bout yo bulls
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-29-21 09:22 AM
2731114, As much as you talk about Chelsea and other teams?
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 09:39 AM
And about how great your team is over the whole league?

Now you want diplomatic relations?

2731115, your team 7-10 and you post more about us than yall
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-29-21 10:02 AM
i know its hard to watch the bulls i don't blame you
2731116, All of a sudden you’re acting brand new
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 10:27 AM
This has been going on for years. And you talk mad shit about the Clippers.

You can’t take your own medicine when those Ls start ringing in.

Cool. You want a treaty? Granted. But as soon as your team or Mans
starts winning, I’m sure you will resort to dissing other teams and calling
your mans the GOAT.

2731117, congrats on being the worst poster on all the boards breh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-29-21 10:30 AM
2731118, Wow.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 10:37 AM
Do you ever read your soccer posts?

You are really hurt.

You diss teams and players left and right, but as soon as the tables turn,
you get bent out of shape.

But it’s cool. I’m a reasonable guy. I’ll stay away, even though I know you
will continue to talk mad crap about Chelsea, and diss other teams win the
Lakers start winning again.
2731119, the dude thats always emotional and never right about shit on here
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-29-21 10:44 AM
is telling me im hurt. have a good day champ.
2731120, I just don’t do the name calling.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 11:09 AM
Everything else is fair game. And I sure as hell am not a sore loser and I don’t disappear when my teams lose.

I take all the smack talking( just not the name calling), and I give it back.

But I see that your Mans got you down. Take some Tylenol and wrap a warm
towel around your head, and burn some lavender. That should alleviate the tension.

2731108, Out of gas...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Jan-29-21 12:57 AM
..That pretty much described the Lakers on the road against Detroit.

2731109, He needs to drink some prune juice and eat more garlic.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 01:26 AM
And drink some goldenseal tea to help keep his yang up.
2731122, You didn't learn last year...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Jan-29-21 11:55 AM
..You show up to party anytime the Lakers lose, but you won't show up to catch the fade on your Ls (reply #3 is a great example).

You are the comic relief of OKSports.

The Lakers will be just fine, but you'll still be a joke.

2731124, I have been here for everything.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 12:37 PM
Everything. No hiding. EVERYTHING

Reply 3?

What about reply 3? Was that a game? A loss or win?
No. I simply thought he was talking about something else.

Now making mistakes is a L or W? Lol

Cool. I’ll take the L based on your rules. Anything else?

Boy you guys sure can’t handle them Ls. But let the clippers get blown out.

Whenever you guys lose shit turns into evaluations and deflections ...trump like shit.

And the personal attacks come out. Lol

2731142, You take an L every time you open your mouth...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Jan-29-21 03:16 PM
..when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Not just when your favorite team takes a loss.

You were wrong about the Bears. You were wrong about the Bucs. You were wrong about every team you mentioned in the NBA.

As previously stated, your comprehension skills are severely lacking. LOL.

2731159, Wrong about the bears?
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 06:10 PM
I’m a Bears fan.

That’s like you being wrong for the past decade regarding the lakers or when the lakers
took that L against the C’s or Pistons. You’re a Lakers fan.

You make no sense.

Bucs? I don’t even care about the Bucs. I just hate cheating Brady.

Now that we have clarity, is there anything else?

2731169, Go home, Roger!.. © Sister, Sister
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Jan-30-21 05:05 AM

2731125, Lakers and Bron please start winning again...please
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 12:43 PM
Lakers Nation go into fits and start menstruating all over the place.

They turn into Trump and start the personal attacks.

2731147, LOL damn it must be a lonely place to be this illogical
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-29-21 05:12 PM
Literally all serious analysts are talking about how Bron is crazily *still* playing at MVP level. The way you post, you wouldn't have a clue that the Lakers *actually* won the title in 2020; nor would you have a clue that Bron was Finals MVP and finished 2nd in MVP voting.

If we were to only read your analysis, we'd think the Lakers were a .500 team.

Entertaining though nonetheless.
2731150, LoL
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 05:26 PM
All you post about is Lebron. You post about nothing or no one else.

No other legends or players, and you don’t even have a team or teams that
you follow.

Do you really want to continue to evaluate analysis and psychology?

I post comical sports hate. You stalk.

2731154, bless your heart.
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-29-21 05:41 PM

-->
2731157, At least with you, you keep it clean.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 06:01 PM
I do respect that ,no matter how much of a stan you are.
You don’t get bent all out of shape.

2731153, Pressed
Posted by DJR, Fri Jan-29-21 05:36 PM
Keep that same energy in June.
2731156, You know I ain’t going anywhere.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 05:57 PM
until life returns to normal, allowing me to ditch this place again.

Got nothing else to do but talk sports and read.

2731160, Lol, I understand
Posted by DJR, Fri Jan-29-21 06:23 PM
2731149, oubre might have to rebrand as mojave papi
Posted by bearfield, Fri Jan-29-21 05:25 PM
i wonder if GSW tries to move on him. the last thing they need is another wing defender that has an unreliable jumper. he does make up for his abysmal shooting with high energy and effort but athletic vets aren't that hard to replace. i know GSW FO is all about winning no matter the cost but at some point the money they're tossing in to the luxury tax pit in order to keep oubre starts to add up
2731162, Fire Budenholzer after this game.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-29-21 08:31 PM
Seriously, down by 30 to the Pelicans. They aren’t even in this game.

There is no excuse for this. Zero. Too many isolations, no plays are being run.

2731164, BKN about to drop 140 on OKC without KD
Posted by bearfield, Fri Jan-29-21 09:49 PM
put up 115 going into the 4th. harden is having another efficient game where he sets up everyone and takes shots only when convenient or necessary. i think he's trying to lead the league in AST this year
2731190, gonna cook if Harden is better at being Westbrook than Westbrook
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Jan-30-21 02:27 PM
2731168, they prematurely hyped luka.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 01:36 AM
hes a good player.

but dudes like bill simmons and them were acting like dude was about to take over the league this year and stamp his ticket to mount rushmore.
2731171, He bought the hype too. All these long limbed Africans dun adjusted
Posted by Castro, Sat Jan-30-21 08:40 AM
Africans use analytics too.

Luka nice, but that tip toe through the tulips and one shit is over.

He WORKING for his 24/8/8 now.
2731196, good point.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 04:16 PM
dude got expectations and a target on his back this season. for now it seems like isnt handling it as well as a player of the caliber hes supposed to be should.
2731286, you realize he's still 21, right?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Jan-31-21 10:48 PM
2731183, breh, I haven’t shifted all the way into NBA gear...
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jan-30-21 12:54 PM
just yet...but, had no idea until I listened to Bomani last week, when he had Vinny Goodwill on...that Luka is shooting like 29% from three...on NINE ATTEMPTS PER GAME. Who green lighted him? He’s clearly not a good three point shooter.
2731194, yeah for his career hes barely over 30%. so this isnt a major slump.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 04:12 PM
hes as accurate from 3 as giannis. its interesting to see how differently theyre viewed from long range tho.
2731200, His issue is more shot selection imo
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jan-30-21 04:29 PM
Luka take a lot of headscratchers and his status is too high to reign him in

Giannis just flat out can’t shoot. This dude walking into hilariously uncontested 3s at the top of the key and airballing

That’s why there’s a difference
2731187, in his defense: Dallas took a huge L trading their pieces away
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Jan-30-21 02:25 PM
Seth Curry in particular was a L. Philly won that trade by far

but yeah. the high usage, the end result... not quite LeBron
2731199, fam seth curry turned himself into a flat out baller.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 04:23 PM
his presence as a shooter was clearly helping luka out with the spacing.
2731192, he's averaging 27/9/9
Posted by bearfield, Sat Jan-30-21 03:38 PM
look. i loathe the luka lovefest. he hit a 3 to win a game twice early in his career and folks think he's an amazing clutch shooter despite the numbers proving that he is the opposite. last season he was trending on twitter for making a between-the-legs pass that was identical to one harden makes regularly and in fact had done it *against luka's team.* the way luka is hyped up is shameful and disgusting

but he can run an offense better than almost anyone in the league and he's probably going to be in the MVP convo every year for most of his career. his 3 is shaky and he's unathletic but he still gets wherever he wants whenever he wants. he's already getting superstar calls and finishing through contact at a high rate. he is easily a top 5 passer, up there with bron and jokic. that's elite
2731193, a stat padder with a usage rate that high is gonna get those numbers.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 03:58 PM
keep that same energy yall kept with russ lol.

before last nights game he had like a -19 plus/minus. dude does a lot of what he does through sheer volume and having so much of the offense run through him.

like i said...he is a good player. just not on the level some folks were acting like he was on.
2731203, He's second in the NBA in plus-minus this season.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jan-30-21 06:30 PM
>before last nights game he had like a -19 plus/minus.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/doncilu01.html

Not sure what you're referencing there.

And even though he's not Top 6 in win shares like he was last season, he's still Top 25 in win shares in the NBA despite his team being sub-.500. Russ hasn't been Top 25 in win shares in three seasons-- and he hasn't had a Top 10 win shares season since 2017.

Also, Russ's peak stat stuffing didn't come til age 27 or so. Luka averaged 29-9-9 as a twenty year old. With top six win share numbers and top four plus-minus numbers. Like... dude affects winning in a big way for a player so young.

Like, do I think the Luka hype is overblown? Sure, because he's still crazy young, so there's no doubt that he still has things to figure out, and people assuming that he can just shoulder a team to title contention by himself isn't realistic at this point. And as others mentioned, the Mavs made some stupid personnel choices this offseason, and Zingis clearly hasn't quite been himself yet this year either.

But he's still reeeeeal fucking good. And I don't think a Russ stat-stuff comparison is fair, lol.

2731195, He is not getting to those spots as effortlessly as before
Posted by Castro, Sat Jan-30-21 04:14 PM
and he isn't getting the superstar calls. He complains incessantly. I think some of it is warranted because teams are being physical with him. But his ball dominance...well lets see how it works with Porzingis back.
2731197, thats another thing. he got that eli manning body language.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-30-21 04:19 PM
>He complains incessantly.

remember when dude started crying and tore his own jersey? lol. dude has gotten a pass on all this so far. you know if he were a brother...
2731201, idk. he looks about the same as last year
Posted by bearfield, Sat Jan-30-21 05:14 PM
decided to scrub through some games on league pass archive. he's getting to wherever he wants against DEN on 1.25. getting double teamed constantly by TOR on 1.18 but still making the right play. i'll cede the superstar calls point as it looks like refs are less whistle happy when he has the ball. the complaining really sucks and to reeq's point he probably doesn't get to do it if he's not white. lowry and draymond have similar interactions with refs and they'll get T'd up based solely on their reps

as far as ball dominance, what is DAL supposed to do besides let their best player get a ton of touches? run the offense through tim hardaway jr? maybe let dwight powell run a few pick and rolls as the primary ball handler? i never understood the stat padding argument (against anyone) unless it was like a team up 30 with 5 left in the 4th and they're just launching 3s early in the clock to generate easy attempts and rebound oppurtunities. luka def gets westbrook-style courtesy rebounds but i don't understand how AST and FGA get labelled as stat padding when they're generated naturally within the flow of the game while trying to hold a lead or come back from a deficit
2731237, tonight was a perfect example....22 FGA....4 FTA
Posted by Castro, Sun Jan-31-21 05:53 AM
He only took seven threes...and one long jumper - 10 of his FGA were in the paint....so he isn't getting the calls, but I guarantee that every one of those FGA...he complained. That shit gets old.

But the other thing that is glaringly apparent- he needs help. Tim Hardaway Jr. was the second leading scorer with Porzingis out.
2731269, he got a T for complaining late in the 2nd
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-31-21 04:55 PM
seemed to motivate him because he was very hot in the 3rd. couldn't keep with with CP3 to close out the game though

and he does need help. porzingis is perpetually unavailable. maybe they can snag john collins from ATL since they seem to have a deep set of front court players with overlapping skill sets. doncic/collins pick and roll/pop seems pretty effective on paper
2731252, does RICK CARLISLE get any of this heat or is he still living off...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-31-21 11:30 AM
that ring from 10 years ago?
2731170, IQ needs to start.
Posted by Castro, Sat Jan-30-21 08:38 AM
Thibs is blind to the fact that Payton's lack of efficiency places more burden on Barrett and Randle. IQ makes things hum.

2731177, Coach playing games, and it makes no sense.
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jan-30-21 11:15 AM
Give Manny the keys
2731182, no he doesn't
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-30-21 12:50 PM
2731191, Why not?
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jan-30-21 03:00 PM
2731205, Thibs is trying to make the playoffs
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-30-21 06:58 PM
2731189, IQ is definitely the 'Sexton' of that squad
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Jan-30-21 02:26 PM
Payton is a decent passer but that's about it. IQ makes Barrett do what he does.
2731204, Two of the most decorated teams in NBA history are meeting tonight.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-30-21 06:34 PM
Considering Anthony Davis is playing below his career stats so far this season,
I expect him to have a monster game. Currently, he is avg 21/8. The Celtics’ interior
defense is porous. They don’t have a serious rim protector, so Davis should be able
to eat. I’m putting him in my daily fantasy lineup.

Smart, Brown and Tatum will, more than likely, share the responsibility with guarding James. However, Smart might take on most of the assignment, so that Brown and Tatum can concentrate on their offense.

The Kemba/Dennis matchup should be interesting. Since coming back, Kemba has yet
to have a big ,explosive game. This could be that moment.

I couldn’t care less who wins or losses. I just want to see a big game by AD.

Portland Vs Chicago SHOULD be high scoring. Both are terrible defensively, and
Carter, Jr is still out for the Bulls. Last game, Bulls came back from being down 20
to win the game. Portland has been hit with the injury bug, and are missing 4 starting
players. However, the trend this season has been with the Underdog, even with teams
missing tons of players. Nothing is a sure thing this season.

2731216, RE: Two of the most decorated teams in NBA history are meeting tonight.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-30-21 10:35 PM

Big game by AD - check

High scoring Portland / Bulls game - check

Portland got the win - check.

Lavine please pack your bags. Another game with 6 TO,
and making a costly TO that led to Lillard hitting the game winning 3.

He continues to play low IQ basketball, and he does it in the crucial moments
of the game. This is why he isn’t an all star.
2731224, Kemba explosive game....no check
Posted by DJR, Sat Jan-30-21 10:59 PM
Nice W!
2731229, RE: Kemba explosive game....no check
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-30-21 11:12 PM
That’s 3 out of 4!

75 percent. And a major percentage profit
2731206, Jalen got that painted hairline crisp tonight
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-30-21 08:04 PM
2731239, Damian Lillard is a decent basketball player.
Posted by Castro, Sun Jan-31-21 09:06 AM
At this point, Dame, Jokic and Embiid are the MVP frontrunners.

Scoring six points in ten seconds to steal a win tho....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTAXxQfAg8
2731246, Give the Kang some respek...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-31-21 10:13 AM
>At this point, Dame, Jokic and Embiid are the MVP
>frontrunners.

2731264, RE: Give the Kang some respek...
Posted by Castro, Sun Jan-31-21 02:23 PM
MVP is a patch, isn't it? Has nothing to do with how insane it is to see a 36 year old man physically performing as if he is a decade younger while applying his 18 years of experience to fine tune his not only his game, but the game of his teammates.

How many should have Jordan won? Its one of those years for LeBron.
2731243, Dame Time!
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-31-21 10:11 AM
2731251, I thought last season's LeBron was wild. This season's LeBron....
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jan-31-21 11:27 AM
...is like if you took 2018 LeBron and just went silly with the sliders

this motherfucker and his 3 point shooting this season, lol

this is actual GOAT-ing
2731258, AD had a monster game and carried the Lakers
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-31-21 12:10 PM
last night. He was on his game.

Lebron shot 41pct (7-17) from the field and 36pct(4-11) from 3, but he GOATING?

I’m really confused.

Is this the COVID variant that is now sweeping the US. Are these the symptoms?

Not one Lakers Fan is talking about AD’s game, which I predicted....but let him fock up.
He would get dissed left and right.

I can’t wait until he comes back home.

SMH.

2731267, jokic has 33 in the 1st half vs UTA
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-31-21 04:45 PM
DEN is 15/17 3P. that's wild. highly unlikely they maintain that shooting and lead margin but they look like they could end UTA's win streak today
2731275, stacked up 47 on gobert and UTA D
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-31-21 07:24 PM
jokic seems to have figured out gobert a few years ago. gobert is endlessly mystified by jokic despite playing him 3-4 times every year. jokic was 4/4 3P but almost all of his other 13 makes were in the post. bully ball, spin moves, 5 foot stationary floaters. they tried favors on in him and it wasn't effective. they tried switching a smaller player on him so gobert could play off jokic and help. didn't work. they tried gobert one-on-one and he got ate up. masterful stuff from jokic
2731274, Let's go Brodie, cook these scrubs
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jan-31-21 07:16 PM
2731281, Put some respect on Russ name
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jan-31-21 09:35 PM
2731276, league pass
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-31-21 08:22 PM
who has it? what do you like and dislike about it?

i have league pass premium monthly via nba.com. upgraded from last year because they relegated streaming on multiple devices to the premium tier. they also made changes to the video player that allows streaming up 4 games at once but the video quality is too poor for it to be usable. streaming quality has improved a little bit from last year. games broadcast on abc/espn can be streamed at 1080p/60 fps. most other games cap out at 720p but the quality is still good and looks fine on my 2560x1440p monitor at full screen. i haven't had any issues with buffering. i'm in a heavy blackout area (3 teams!) but i can get around that. other users have reported that their workarounds are being blocked but i haven't run into any issues. generally i watch only archived games during the week since i work second shift and can't watch them live. the games are almost always ready to watch when i'm ready around midnight CST. overall it's a good and reliable service but a it's little overpriced
2731277, WOW
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jan-31-21 09:26 PM
2731279, TLC put too much on it expecting a quicker contest from hachimura
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-31-21 09:34 PM
BKN has got to do something about letting teams keep up with their scoring output. putting up 146 and losing is pretty discouraging
2731278, nets are a joke ting
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jan-31-21 09:31 PM
2731285, dudes giving up scores that I used to laugh about the West having
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jan-31-21 10:41 PM
no way a team that has given up nearly 150 so easily multiple times is going to win shit this season.

maybe it's not so bad with Harden & Shump. But still.
2731280, Put some respeck on Russ name!
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-31-21 09:35 PM
2731282, All tree of y’all!
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jan-31-21 09:40 PM
2731283, He’s slowly getting that quad healthy
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Jan-31-21 09:55 PM
2731284, Legitimately HOT over tonight's game
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jan-31-21 10:39 PM
the Cavs were running a circa 2002 offensive "gameplan"... on PURPOSE tonight, I'm convinced. Sexton got yanked, hardly any shots outside of the paint in the 2nd half. All this shit going through Drummond who doesn't dare pass out of a double/triple/quadruple.

Don't even know what the hell they were thinking. The Cavs don't need to TANK like this. If they lose, they lose. Don't just give up the game
2731288, That 6 foot backcourt is not going anywhere
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-31-21 11:59 PM
2731289, not with a 2002 offense it's not, Bobby
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Feb-01-21 12:01 AM
2731294, anyone want to talk about the 6ers...yet...?
Posted by bentagain, Mon Feb-01-21 09:17 AM
I'm adding Doc to the list = COTY
EMVPIID
Ben = DPOTY.
2731297, Still early but Embiid looks like the MVP right today
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Feb-01-21 09:46 AM