Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecttanking it in HOU when they didn't trade him quickly enough
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2729785&mesg_id=2730082
2730082, tanking it in HOU when they didn't trade him quickly enough
Posted by bearfield, Sun Jan-17-21 02:36 AM
i think he truly tried for most of those games but that HOU team is shaky at best. wood seemed like an appealing partner for him but the rest of the team is pretty bad and/or unreliable. fertitta was more interested in dodging the luxury tax than he was in building a true contender. HOU is probably a first round exit at best with harden on it. might not make the play-in without him. no need for harden to waste another year there when he has leverage and teams that want him. AD tanked for far longer and everyone forgot about it after he got his ring. maybe we'll say the same thing about harden next year

i think folks are going to be surprised at harden's effort this year off ball and on D. he finally doesn't have to do absolutely everything in every game for his team to have a chance. i imagine he'll take fewer plays off since he'll theoretically be expending less energy not having to run the offense and fight off double teams for 95% of time he's in the game. i think he's going to work well beside kd and kyrie. he had his most efficent season last year letting westbrook get a lot of touches. i hope he continues that efficient play and people start to see him as a preternaturally skilled team player that is fun to watch now that he's divorced from iso heavy moreyball