Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthow are you wrong so much?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2729785&mesg_id=2729915
2729915, how are you wrong so much?
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jan-14-21 04:51 PM
Do you just not know things or do you lie to yourself or what? Its fucking weird.

Boston didn't start super teams. Owners have tried super teams for a long time...hell back to LA nabbing Wilt. Just off the top Barkley to Houston, Payton/Malone to LA, etc. It just rarely works.

What Ainge did was in no way new or ground breaking. He made some good moves and won a chip. What's rare about Ainge is it worked, and it is a credit to Doc and KG for playing his role imo.

Lebron didn't invent players taking their careers into their own hands, either. Free agency has been a big deal since at least Shaq and Alonzo. Kobe never left LA, but he certainly used his power to take control of his career.

Do you think Lebron invented free agency?

What Lebron did make popular is using free agency and friendships to squad up and build super teams to make it easier to win.

Now, the league has come a very long way in regards to player power and that is a great thing to be celebrated.

Lebron helped make it more popular/acceptable. And he never acted the way Harden just did...so again, props to Bron.

But from a b-ball perspective, its pretty fucking corny though.

We can disagree on that last point, but the rest is just facts.

Why do you think you need to lie/exaggerate/make shit up for some weird Lebron agenda?

He doesn't need you to lie for him.

Or do you just not know this shit? You seriously post like you just started watching b-ball in like 08 and never bothered to learn at all about what happened before then or think critically beyond "I heart Bron I heart Bron I heart Bron"

>- for sure. Bron paved the way for all his disciples to
>follow in his footsteps and take their careers into their own
>hands. Of course, they aren't doing it as effectively - but
>if you yearn for the days when franchise owners had all the
>power - you can always re-play the good old days on NBA TV's
>legendary nights.
>
>But Bron didn't start the super-team era (this is an
>oft-repeated misconception) - Boston did. The diff. there was
>that Ainge orchestrated that move while the players were the
>passive beneficiaries. Pierce, Ray & KG set off the super-team
>trend, and Bron faced that superteam with 0 all-stars to his
>side, and he didn't find it prudent to wait for Dan Gilbert to
>be competent (particularly after 7 years).
>
>I guess Bron could've been like KG and waited 11 years instead
>of 7 - but he (correctly) decided to impose his creative will
>on his basketball future, and rightfully so.
>
>-->