Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWell, a quick fact check disproves several of these.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2729785&mesg_id=2729847
2729847, Well, a quick fact check disproves several of these.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jan-13-21 09:11 PM
Kyrie, KD, and Harden all have *career* usage rates of over 29. So...

"Bosh/Wade/Lebron

KD/Steph/Thompson

Garnett/Allen/Pierce"

Thompson's never cracked 29. Bosh never cracked 29, not even in Toronto. Allen cracked 29 once, but was well below that for his career. So these are all pretty quickly ruled out as answers to the question.

"Harden/KD/Russ"

Harden's usage barely cracked 20 when he was on this team as a young player. Unless you're arguing the OKC team should count because Harden became a high usage player later. Which, okay... but the OKC didn't play with three 29+ usage rate players. So this also doesn't apply.

"Shaq/Kobe/Malone"

This is the best contemporary example-- although I'd argue that, since Malone was 40 and was below a usage of 29 the last two seasons of his career before LA, that's a very different situation than what's going on in Brooklyn right now.

"Baylor/West/Wilt"

I mean, sure, but Baylor was scoring like 10 PPG at that point. Like the Malone example, it's pretty clear that both Baylor and Wilt were nearing the end, which is different than what's going on now.

So the last two examples I mentioned-- yes, these are teams with three players with usage rates as high as KD/Kyrie/Harden's. Different situations, but they technically check the boxes.