Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectalright, what will the Deshaun Watson price be?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2729081&mesg_id=2731084
2731084, alright, what will the Deshaun Watson price be?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Jan-28-21 01:16 PM
a legitimate franchise QB in his prime, a proven winner, and a wildly popular teammate at both Clemson and in Houston. The word "unprecedented" has been over abused in the last year but this is surely an appropriate example of the word.

I think it'd be crazy to do, but I could see Watson garnering as many as four firsts. If you're the Colts, and this is your ONLY glaring weakness...shit, why not?

Realistically I think the package looks like

3 1s
2 2s
2 3s

or

3 1s
2 2s
1 lesser QB included

picks are both overvalued and golden currency, depending on what team holds them. The Jets could trade all of their draft this year for Watson and I'm still not convinced they'd make the playoffs.
But, again, if you're Indy or you're the Niners...adding Watson kind of punches your ticket to the conference title game, no?
(God I can't imagine what Deshaun would do in a Kyle Shanahan system).

You use picks to hopefully get into a position to compete and ultimately win a conference championship. Well, there's a lot of teams who need a QB, but there's a small handful of teams who are quite literally a good QB away from winning a Super Bowl. Extremely curious and excited to see how this shakes out.