Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRyan Garcia vs Luke Campbell | DAZN Boxing 3pm EST
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2728946
2728946, Ryan Garcia vs Luke Campbell | DAZN Boxing 3pm EST
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-02-21 07:27 AM
Main event should start around 6pm EST or so.

This fight date is finally upon us.

Ryan Garcia, 22 yr old pretty boy & social media darling with a killer left hook is stepping up in competition to fight gold medalist, Luke Campbell, who's tried and true but failed in his 2 previous title shots, the last coming against the lauded Vasyl Lomachenko where Luke put on his best performance to date. Garcia has gone from an iffy prospect who could barely last 10 rounds to a powerful 1st round KO puncher under the tutelage of Canelo's trainer, Eddy Reynoso. Reynoso may be the key ingredient here for Garcia. We see what he's done with Canelo. Garcia last slept Fonseca in 1 round. It took Gervonta "Tank" Davis 8 rounds to dispose of Fonseca. Campbell is trained by Shane McGuigan (trained fighters include George Groves, David Haye,and Josh Taylor). Does Ryan KO Luke or does Luke test him over 12 rounds?

Both teams are very confident that their guy wins. Both fighters have improved recently and continue to improve, which makes it difficult to make a pic here. It'll be a good one while it lasts.

2728947, Winner of this fight mandatory for Devin Haney
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-02-21 08:14 AM
WBC announced that Haney will have 2 mandatories. Javier Fortuna AND winner of this fight. The WBC is getting clumsier and clumsier after introducing the "franchise" title, which Teofimo Lopez currently has. Devin Haney, however, has the official WBC title. This scenario does work in Haney's favor tho, in that he'll get a decent fight even if Garcia decides to avoid him.

But anyway, it would be great to see Haney finally get a good fight with the winner here. Ryan Garcia is already talking about figthing Tank next tho. Garcia has history with Haney in the amateurs and wants to fight Haney last on his list. The problem with that is if he looks TOO good against Campbell, I don't see Mayweather and Haymon allowing Tank to fight him. We'll see another situation like what happened when Loma was calling Tank out. I know Haney will fight Garcia tho. Devin wants all the smoke.
2728978, if anybody needs a stream post under here.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-02-21 04:43 PM
2728986, Alvarado vs Gutierrez was a hell of a fight. Wow.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-02-21 06:22 PM
Alvarado goes down twice in the 3rd round, then comes back taking control of the fight. But then gets dropped in the 12th, and that last knockdown was pretty much the deciding factor for Gutierrez.
Alvarado is an inspiration though. The guy has 8 losses but won a title AFTER those 8 losses. There's no quit in him, and this fight was more proof of that. Hats off to both of those guys.
2728987, this dude really came out on a throne.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-02-21 06:34 PM
after beating nobody.

he better not lose this shit.
2728988, welp he just got dropped. lets see how he regroups.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-02-21 06:42 PM
2728989, Lovely setup by Campbell to land a knockdown blow
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-02-21 06:45 PM
Kept giving him left to the body and finally surprised him to the head. Dude wasn't a gold medalist for nothing. We're definitely gonna learn what young Ryan is made of tonight.
2728990, Them liver shots ain't NO joke. 7th round KO.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-02-21 07:02 PM
Ryan Garcia proves his mettle.
2728991, dropped him with a body shot. salute.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-02-21 07:02 PM
came back well after that knockdown.
2728992, Tank is gonna decapitate this kid! Lmao!
Posted by Hitokiri, Sat Jan-02-21 08:11 PM
Ryan: I'm ready!!

narrator: He was not.

I hope it happens this year.
2729046, You think so?
Posted by snacks, Sun Jan-03-21 04:06 PM
It took him a while to get a hobbled, aged Gamboa outta there. I have concerns about his power at 135
2729149, Yes.
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Jan-04-21 10:01 AM
Ryan has lots of holes to exploit. Tends to come in with his hands low, flat-footed, moves straight back, leaves his chin out to get tagged.
I'm not even huge on Tank a(nyone of the top guys in div are gonna beat Garcia handily), but Garcia said that's who he wants next... he's clearly not ready for it.
2728996, Also, that was some of the worse officiating I've ever heard
Posted by Hitokiri, Sat Jan-02-21 09:07 PM
jesus christ.
2729150, lol i meant worst commentating.
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Jan-04-21 10:01 AM