Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe NBA has basically evolved into 3 types of players and they all...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2728288&mesg_id=2728493
2728493, The NBA has basically evolved into 3 types of players and they all...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Dec-26-20 07:29 PM
revolve around shooting. You have your elite guard that can shoot and do everything else, you have "3&D" wings and you have "bigs" who are "rim-protectors" and the elite players in this category can step out and hit 3's and switch out on smaller players on D like Giannis, AD, Bam and Jokic although he struggles on the D side.

Of course you have your freaks like Bron, Kahwi, Luka & Zion who don't really fit a category. I feel like everyone is ready to crown Luka but I feel he needs to step it up on the defensive end and get his team to a top 4 seed on the west before he gets any MVP trophies.

I remember one of the last "20&10" guys the board argued about was Thomas Robinson. He never lived up to the hype. A lot of people that excelled as a undersized 4 "tweeners" in college don't have that same success in the pros. They don't have the length to excel at the 4 nor the lateral quickness to consistently stay with wing players. Everyone always wants to bring up Barkley but he had freak athleticism that we haven't seen until Zion. Blake Griffin was an undersized 4 that excelled early on because he had elite athleticism until injuries took that athleticism away and he basically had to re-invent himself. Kind of the same with Kevin Love who most people don't think of as a great athlete because he wasn't a high jumper but was an elite quick jumper until injuries took a toll on him.