Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI agree - I can't recall a Bron team that was this deep
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2728195&mesg_id=2728685
2728685, I agree - I can't recall a Bron team that was this deep
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Dec-28-20 05:04 PM

>I do think if there was a way to keep Dwight in there
>especially because JaVale is also gone (thanks, Lakers) it
>would have been nice, but Gasol/AD isn't a bad duo to have.

Definitely. The lack of size/athleticism at the rim is pretty glaring in the absence of Dwight/JaVale. I like Gasol's game, but he's pretty much anchored to the ground at this point of his career. They miss Dwight's athleticism and size at the rim.

>KCP is probably my favorite non-Bron, non-AD Laker. Dude got
>so much energy on both sides of the ball. Caruso is sneaking
>up behind him for the same reasons.

KCP was an absolute monster in the playoffs and Finals. He was the 3rd most consistent player last year - exceeding all expectations. Dude is a really, really effective two-way 3 & D guy with boundless energy.

>Something about this team just feels better than all the other
>LeBron Finals teams. And THT looks like it's gonna be another
>Laker hit?

Even in Miami with those dynamic teams - they were more top-heavy. Same in Cleveland (the 2nd stint). Bron never has had this kind of luxury to be able to rest and pace himself while the 2nd unit stays at par with other teams - and at this point in Bron's career - it's critical that he can pick his spots. I like how they are managing his minutes right now - and they can do that w/ this kind of depth.

THT seems to be evolving in real-time. Every time I see him he looks more and more confident. Him and Caruso provide so much energy/hustle in the 2nd unit - matched with Trez it's really the best bench Bron has ever had.

-->