Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthe really did - he was kinda all over the place
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727874&mesg_id=2748339
2748339, he really did - he was kinda all over the place
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Oct-15-21 03:38 PM
>basically the only thing he really committed to was not
>retiring lol.

Once he pivoted from offering any substantive objection to the vaccine itself - to stating that he's not anti-vaxx but just is concerned about people losing their jobs due to the mandates - to me it was clear that he was shifting the narrative and just hunting for an angle that can get him back on the court while not looking like he's backtracking on anything.

Unlike Jonathan Isaac, who actually offered a well-reasoned argument as to why he didn't want to get vaccinated (citing natural immunity which we now know offers robust, broad protection) - Kyrie just left us all guessing, and given the fact that he was re-tweeting the most outlandish theories about vaccines changing dna and turning people into nanobots, we could only speculate as to what his actual stance was.

>i hope he does an about face and gets the jab just so his new
>found right wing antivax friends can cry in their bowls of
>ivermectin.

lol. One of the most frustrating aspects of this whole pandemic is how politically charged it's become - to where you've got clowns like Ted Cruz "standing with Kyrie" to try and score some cheap political points. Also frustrating is how some anti-vaxx voices are out there promoting hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and monoclonal antibodies (lab-made proteins) - but denying the efficacy and relative safety of the vaccines - all while citing distrust for big pharma as if ivermectin/monoclonals/hydroxy aren't pharmaceutical creations themselves lol.

While I am against most of these mandates (but am also a proponent of the vaccines) - I think the most dangerous disinfo out there is convincing people that the vaccines are more of a proximate danger to your health than actual covid-19 infection - which is banans.

-->