Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't know what trade can happen.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727874&mesg_id=2748258
2748258, I don't know what trade can happen.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Oct-14-21 07:51 PM
He can't be traded to GS, to the Knicks, to Toronto. Neither LA team really wants him-- even if the Clippers did, the Nets don't want Bledsoe and Morris or some bullshit deal like that for Kyrie.

Milwaukee doesn't want him, Utah doesn't want him, Atlanta doesn't want him, Phoenix doesn't want him, Denver doesn't want him, Memphis doesn't want him. Miami almost certainly doesn't want him. Philly should want him, but they probably won't for the distraction (and I can't blame them). Can't imagine Dallas wants him-- or, if they do, I don't think they have the assets necessary to get him. Boston... lol.

And really, any of those teams in the 5 seed-to-play in range probably don't want to make the move. Like, Portland won't trade Dame for him (especially with Ky on an expiring deal). Who would the Pacers trade-- Myles Turner and change? Myles doesn't really fit what the Nets want to do. The Bulls have restrictions on DeRozan and Lonzo til mid-December... and I can't imagine they'd wanna trade for Kyrie unless the season starts as a full-blown disaster.

So... he's not going to a contender. What non-contender wants to sign Kyrie when he won't sign an extension first?

It's a bad situation. Brooklyn should really just wait and try to convince him to vaccinate. That's by far the best option for them.