Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthis is a lie sports media tells itself
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727874&mesg_id=2728158
2728158, this is a lie sports media tells itself
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Dec-22-20 07:07 AM
" Zero accountability and total control of the narrative by corporate entities, essentially (leagues, franchises, sponsors, players' "brands")."

authorized media sessions managed by credentialed personnel aren't real accountability in sports or even politics.

james harden sat there and lied like a mf in his media session. there's no consequence or real availability or accountability.

if he didn't do it, we'd have the same level of "accountability." I understand media members demanding access, it's their job. as a fan, I give less than zero percent of a shit. nobody reallllllly gets held to the fire because of what they said in a pregame scrum

kyrie doing or not doing those sessions is, from my perspective, an issue with him and his fellow players. because somebody has to talk to the media, it's the deal literally signed. nobody wants to do it, because it sucks, but the agreement is that everyone does it a little.

it's not a moral responsibility to the public, it's one to everyone else in the union

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at