Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis isn’t true.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727874&mesg_id=2728025
2728025, This isn’t true.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Dec-20-20 11:13 AM
>Kyrie apologia aside (come on if he were not a Dukie you
>would be dragging his ass)

I loved what Marshawn Lynch did at the time too. I don’t defend every stupid ass thing Kyrie says just because he went to Duke, but I do defend Kyrie and any player who’s had an unfavorable relationship with the media if they decide “fuck it, I’m done with this.”

Also, I think it’s *probably* worth pointing out that, while you accuse me of defending Kyrie because I went to Duke, you gave an impassioned defense of access to sports media at least in part because... you are a member of sports media, lol. So of course you’re not going to agree with me that player access to sports media isn’t important— it’s literally your job. I would’ve been stunned if you’d agreed, lol.

And that’s fine. I understand your points— I’m not saying the media doesn’t have value. I’m saying, for sports, the vast majority of the time, it’s not important to me. If a player feels he’s getting misrepresented in media coverage and it’s serving as a distraction from his goal of winning, then I don’t mind that player not talking to the media and letting his game do the talking.