Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwe have a very good, nearly great, defense. That's it. But it's a lot.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727522&mesg_id=2728128
2728128, we have a very good, nearly great, defense. That's it. But it's a lot.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Dec-21-20 01:30 PM
Haskins is still bad, but the defense competed well and long enough where even the borderline incompetent Haskins was able to get them back in it. We missed an extra point, went for 2 after the next touchdown, and missed that as well. So despite putting drives together we were down 5, and 5 is hard to overcome with a QB who may have the worst pocket presence of any starting quarterback I've ever seen.

Nonetheless, I think if Alex Smith starts we find a way to win that game. And I also think if AS start against Carolina we DO win that game and effectively punch our ticket to the playoffs. I don't care that the division is bad and that the very best we could do is win one game in the postseason...this counts, and after the dreadful year it's been I'd be fully STOKED to make the playoffs with this young group. Would be exciting for the short term and having a lasting impact for the future. Chase Young, Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Montez Sweat would each be the best D-lineman on most teams in the league, and after eons of futility we find ourselves brimming with first round pick stud blue chippers all along the front 4 who will be here for years to come.