Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo...who is winning the NFC East this year?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727522
2727522, So...who is winning the NFC East this year?
Posted by dillinjah, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM

Poll question: So...who is winning the NFC East this year?

Poll result (7 votes)
Cowboys (0 votes)Vote
Redskins (5 votes)Vote
Giants (1 votes)Vote
Eagles (1 votes)Vote

2727546, I was gonna say 'Giants'
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Dec-13-20 11:51 PM
but their loss is effing that up. and the Washington Football Team is looking competent.

And then the Eagles messed around and benched their QB and all of a sudden, they're looking competent too.

NOT Dallas.

Mike McCarthy doesn't have Aaron Rodgers to bail him out anymore.
2727585, yeah, giants blew it.
Posted by Cenario, Mon Dec-14-20 02:50 PM
2728132, even with the Browns loss.... still life?
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-21-20 02:40 PM
Washington lost to Seattle.

Washington Football Team plays Eagles, and that could be an Eagles W, with how they're playing.

Giants might win their next game.

2727570, its washingtons to lose at this point
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-14-20 11:37 AM
2727581, I think it's decided when we play the Eagles last game of the year
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Dec-14-20 01:59 PM
2727582, the team with Chase Young
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Dec-14-20 02:01 PM
2727584, RE: So...who is winning the NFC East this year?
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Dec-14-20 02:45 PM
WFT. I'm hoping Haskins doesn't show up playing like WTF these last 3 games. I've been in the camp of 'the kid needs another shot (on a team that doesn't already hate him with a passion)', but it will be a bad look if he can't run the same offense as Alex Smith did after a couple of years out of the league and one glad to still be here leg.

Quick reads. Check it down to JD. Manufacture looks to Terry if he's healthy. If that's out, Logan Thomas yawl. Let the defense beast and don't put them in horrible situations with bad interceptions and/or clueless fumbles.
2728118, um
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-21-20 11:14 AM
id say its still in washingtons control but um can they win another game? i didnt watch their game, did they get better as it went on?

it seems giants are toast. supposedly they still have a shot even if they lose to the ravens.

the key is washington losing to the panthers.

if washington loses it comes down to who wins between the eagles and cowboys. since the eagles still play washington id say they have the highest odds to win the east after washington.

giants scenarios are a bit crazy. even if they lose to the ravens if cowboys beat eagles and eagles beat washington the giants win it by beating the cowboys (if washington lost to carolina). seems like the most 2020 scenario. theres a few other weird scenarios where the giants win it.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/

cowboys need to win out and have washington lose out.

so uh yeah anything is possible.
2728128, we have a very good, nearly great, defense. That's it. But it's a lot.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Dec-21-20 01:30 PM
Haskins is still bad, but the defense competed well and long enough where even the borderline incompetent Haskins was able to get them back in it. We missed an extra point, went for 2 after the next touchdown, and missed that as well. So despite putting drives together we were down 5, and 5 is hard to overcome with a QB who may have the worst pocket presence of any starting quarterback I've ever seen.

Nonetheless, I think if Alex Smith starts we find a way to win that game. And I also think if AS start against Carolina we DO win that game and effectively punch our ticket to the playoffs. I don't care that the division is bad and that the very best we could do is win one game in the postseason...this counts, and after the dreadful year it's been I'd be fully STOKED to make the playoffs with this young group. Would be exciting for the short term and having a lasting impact for the future. Chase Young, Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Montez Sweat would each be the best D-lineman on most teams in the league, and after eons of futility we find ourselves brimming with first round pick stud blue chippers all along the front 4 who will be here for years to come.
2728129, oh i saw that defense on thanksgiving lol
Posted by mista k5, Mon Dec-21-20 01:42 PM
alex smith is the key. even without him you kind of expect washington to beat carolina. carolina will put up a fight either way.

as a cowboys fan i dont even know what to root for lol i enjoy seeing them win but im also happy to see them have a chance at a good draft pick. whoever takes the east, cool.
2728165, Haskins getting maskless strippers during a pandemic is perfect
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Dec-22-20 10:28 AM
Haskins is such a Snyder guy he feels like a Snyder guy parody
2728166, haskins seems like a real dumb dumb from everything i hear
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-22-20 10:53 AM
2728178, but if they just gave him another chance to prove himself...
Posted by Awburn, Tue Dec-22-20 01:31 PM
Oh wait.

He's now in line for a fine at best and up to a 4 game suspension at worst on the eve of a potential division clinching game.

That's an infuriating kind of dumb.

-----------------
District of Champions
2019 Nationals
2019 Mystics
2018 Capitals
2728179, shoulda been....MASKINS *turns to camera*
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Dec-22-20 01:33 PM
2728181, This right here
Posted by The Real, Tue Dec-22-20 01:52 PM
>Haskins is such a Snyder guy he feels like a Snyder guy
>parody

Would you be shocked if Snyder was with him? I would not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2728183, Snyder prolly told him to go have fun. Celebrate that 1 good qtr vs SEA
Posted by Awburn, Tue Dec-22-20 02:08 PM
Danny needed a distraction from his own sexual harrassment settlement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/daniel-snyder-sexual-misconduct-settlement/2020/12/22/f81131d8-4339-11eb-a277-49a6d1f9dff1_story.html

-----------------
District of Champions
2019 Nationals
2019 Mystics
2018 Capitals
2728188, Didn’t know he tried to sneak a female into his hotel room earlier
Posted by Beezo, Tue Dec-22-20 03:26 PM
2728315, At this point it depends on whether Smith or Jones gets healthy first
Posted by josephmurf2384, Wed Dec-23-20 06:23 PM
If they play with backups the rest of the way I like Colt Mccoy's chances to win games more than Dwayne Haskins, but the Skins got the better D.
2728581, Haskins isn’t even an XFL quarterback. Good riddance asshole.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Sun Dec-27-20 07:37 PM
2728674, more quality drafting from whichever asshole is the figurehead GM of the
Posted by smutsboy, Mon Dec-28-20 02:40 PM
day
2728698, Update: it was Danny himself
Posted by smutsboy, Mon Dec-28-20 06:10 PM
good to see nothing's changed

"There were rumors, from 2019’s draft night on, that then–head coach Jay Gruden wanted to use Washington’s first-round pick on somebody other than Haskins, but Dan Snyder overruled him because the Ohio State star had gone to Bullis, the same prep school as the owner’s son (and Henry Rollins, too). Forcing a quarterback on a coach is right in Snyder’s wheelhouse"

https://defector.com/the-dwayne-haskins-era-was-not-a-long-one/
2728583, I can't believe the Cowboys have a chance to take this
Posted by dillinjah, Sun Dec-27-20 07:40 PM