Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDecember futbol: Giroud-le the world
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2727069
2727069, December futbol: Giroud-le the world
Posted by benny, Mon Dec-07-20 04:04 PM
silly scheduling about to turn even sillier

Btw highly recommend the Anton Ferdinand BBC doc if you have some spare time. FUCK John Terry forever (and fuck Millwall fans while we're at it)
2727072, Can’t have you disrespecting Chelsea legends like that.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-07-20 05:10 PM
2727075, you stan a racist?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-07-20 05:23 PM
2727083, Do you not keep up with current affairs?
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-07-20 06:13 PM
He supports BLM and kneels with the players, and wears BLM attire.

Not sure if he is sincere, but only he knows that. One can only hope it is sincere. So that Rio incident is in the past.

2727153, they address all that stuff in the docu
Posted by benny, Tue Dec-08-20 12:10 PM
>He supports BLM and kneels with the players, and wears BLM
>attire.
>
>Not sure if he is sincere, but only he knows that. One can
>only hope it is sincere. So that Rio incident is in the past.

And it's Anton not Rio, cmon man.
2727155, People evolve.
Posted by allStah, Tue Dec-08-20 12:42 PM
You’re harping on something that happened almost 10 years ago. It’s dead, old and in the past.

Mike Vick killed dogs, beat them, slammed them, tortured them, etc. He dealt with the retribution, and served his time, and now he is a changed and better man. He is back on TV , and now he is a spokesperson for anti-animal cruelty, serving as an example.

However, there are people who still bring up his past and hold it against him. And most people on this board respond by saying it’s in the past , and that people should move on.

John Terry is somewhat doing the same thing, although his situation wasn’t as vicious as Vick’s situation. He isn’t just giving lip service. He physically supports BLM.

So saying fock John Terry forever seems very silly.

2727285, he "supports" BLM by wearing the t-shirt but won't talk to Anton, ok got it
Posted by benny, Wed Dec-09-20 05:25 PM
really weird that your Chelsea fan cosplaying is leading you down this path but hey you're free to that opinion obvs
2727294, Cosplaying? Dude, you are bugging hard.
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-09-20 08:19 PM
All I know is that he kneels and supports the black players on his squad.

I’m not concerned about why he has not talked to the guy. You got black folks getting blown away in America, and I’m supposed to be bothered because John Terry has yet to talk to a guy who he allegedly yelled a racial slur at, and he was acquitted by the FA on it?

All I’m saying is that shit happened 10 years ago. He is doing and saying all the right things with the young black players on his team.

If black players, black coaches and black fans have accepted him...

I mean ,what? You still want to be on some busta rhyme shit?

2727096, I didn't know Millwall had such a long history of being horrible
Posted by smutsboy, Mon Dec-07-20 07:27 PM
I know it's true of most fan bases, but still.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/dec/06/toxicity-on-show-at-millwall-goes-beyond-the-club-and-football

also lol forever at racist ass teammate-ex-wife-stealing John Terry.

There are few players who are bigger known pieces of shit than him. I should know, Luis Suarez used to be on LFC.

A lot of great players are horrible people. The dumb fans are the ones who lie to themselves about it.
2727289, I’m incredibly conflicted
Posted by magilla vanilla, Wed Dec-09-20 06:12 PM
Because by all accounts he’s a solid coach, and is working largely with black center backs at Villa- including Mings, who is fairly outspoken on racial matters in football.

But mannnnnnnnn that history is still there.
2727290, seems like a reasonable approach
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Dec-09-20 06:27 PM
sucks when people are shitty. I think the most important thing is to just acknowledge it and go from there.

2727297, Yeah, being conflicted is not good.
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-09-20 09:08 PM
I can relate. Like, when I see a team in burgundy and light blue, I don’t know
If it’s West Ham or Aston Villa. I guess that is what you call middle table problems.

2727473, I’d feel that way if I saw Pickford get a clean sheet in the opposing goal
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sat Dec-12-20 11:17 PM
2727478, Yeah, it was a wack loss.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 12:47 AM
Just prepare for Dec 28th. I’m trolling for a whole week!
2727538, But I thought we were middle table
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-13-20 11:17 PM
Why would you be so invested in a match with Villa? Shouldn’t that just be a speed bump for all those expensive players? Shouldn’t you only be worried about matches with City and Liverpool?
2727541, Don’t even try it.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 11:32 PM
A month ago you were talking mad shit about how Villa was moving up, and how it was over for Chelsea... and thanking us for Barkley.

It doesn’t have to be this way. I got an extra kit I can mail you. I know you get tired of trying to find pants that match with burgundy and light blue.

2727542, Man we’re four points back of y’all with two games in hand
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-13-20 11:46 PM
Barkley has been fantastic and it’s a shame loan rules are what they are and you won’t get to see that.

You’re the one talking about what an upper echelon club Chelsea are. Not surprised you couldn’t read sarcasm there partner.
2727552, I read the sarcasm...just throwing it right back at you.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-14-20 01:51 AM
I can even get your name printed on the back of a Chelsea top. I got a Nike store hook up. Let me know.
2727586, Save your money and get yourself one of those crystal palace knockoff
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-14-20 02:53 PM
Away tops.

If I want a blue shirt, even our goalie kits are tight this year: https://www-hitc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.hitc.com/static/uploads/2020/12/GettyImages-1230088147.jpg
2727142, There's a great documentary/book to be made
Posted by thejerseytornado, Tue Dec-08-20 10:31 AM
about the shitshow that is barca over the past few years.

specifically how every new coach comes in, promises to change who plays to fit a system and then ends up playing the big names who don't fit together. Valverde did it. Setien did it. Now Koeman's doing it. There's got to be a story there.

Cadiz coach went IN on it, too, in his post match interview.

worst thing is how obvious it is. Dest kept getting deep and then double teamed because he was completely isolated because nobody offered support on the right. meanwhile, on the left alba had basically nothing to do to help because coutinho was never wide. just a complete debacle. and when dembele came it, that immediately made the left side threatening, but Koeman replaced Dest with Trincao when Dest was single-handedly creating threats JUST GETTING NO HELP.

you simply cannot play all three of griezman, messi, and coutinho. It is so obviously less than the sum of its parts. And now dembele's out for 2-3 weeks again (sigh) ALena and Puig rot away on the bench, Pjanic's unhappy because he's so obviously better than Busquets right now and they suck to watch.

let messi go because the team needs to just accept its time for the complete rebuild. And what's so weird is I honestly think they've got most of the pieces. Araujo/Garcia/Lenglet/Minqueza is a solid CB group. Dest is a top RB already. Balde might be a similar LB talent (and alba's fine for a while, but he's best when he has competition for the spot). De Jong/Alena/Puig and then Ilaix and Jandro at midfield. Pedri/Fati/Dembele/Trincao/Konrad/a striker.

That, in and of itself, is easily a Europa or CL qualifying team. You just need to add some maturation and a couple stars (keep Griez and it gets past the CL group stage).

but no. God I pray Font wins the election.
-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia
2727154, RE: There's a great documentary/book to be made
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Dec-08-20 12:26 PM
2727370, wtf lol. not sure what this was supposed to be
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Dec-10-20 09:14 PM
2727191, nvm
Posted by allStah, Tue Dec-08-20 04:31 PM
Nvm
2727298, RE: December futbol: Giroud-le the world
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-09-20 09:17 PM
Nvm
2727359, EPL stand up!
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-10-20 05:41 PM
Every english team finished at the top of its Group in Europe,
except for Man U

2727479, Lampard just had to lampard.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 01:00 AM
He messed with the lineup....and boom we get a weak loss.

I don’t care if Giroud scores 20 goals. He is not a starter. He should be the energizer. Period. Don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken.

And what do you know Pulisic with another hamstring injury. Also, Havertz is still trash. Combined, both players cost Chelsea 170 million dollars.

Lol Atletico. Oblak lol. RM is in a weak state, and la liga teams still can’t get wins.

2727482, lol Jota out two months
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Dec-13-20 11:12 AM
Make it stop.
2727486, Liverpool saved by a penalty again.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 01:43 PM
2727491, hahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Dec-13-20 02:27 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

shit man

thank you for that
2727493, RE: hahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 03:00 PM
That tackle was downy soft.
2727502, how do we not have a lolarsenallol thread yet
Posted by benny, Sun Dec-13-20 05:18 PM
2727505, 🤷🏾‍♂️
Posted by dillinjah, Sun Dec-13-20 05:48 PM
2727513, Xhaka is diabolical
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Dec-13-20 06:45 PM
like we've had some folks i hate on United the last couple of years but if this was back in the day Xhaka might get ran up on for being this trash constantly
2727550, I can’t think of a player I hate more.
Posted by dillinjah, Mon Dec-14-20 12:43 AM
Only thing Ive ever liked about him was the celebration v Serbia in the WC 2018 in Russia.

That, I understood.

What Wenger saw in him in the first place, I will never understand. Why they’ve stuck with him well over 2 years since wenger left, 🤬🤬🤬
2727510, Relegation looks like the destination
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-13-20 06:23 PM
Crazy they have not been relegated since 1919!

But to lose against Burnley? Heads have to fly. Their defense is pretty solid.
They just can’t score for shit.

2727503, I cannot understand Trincao and Pedri being ahead of Puig
Posted by Hitokiri, Sun Dec-13-20 05:29 PM
Frenkie was MOTM to me, but when Busquets went off and FDJ dropped deep, Puig should have been brought on
2727560, Trincao's a true winger, so it's apples/oranges there
Posted by thejerseytornado, Mon Dec-14-20 09:05 AM
pedri is pretty damn special too and four years younger. But that's no excuse for not using riqui at least in rotation.

especially now that koeman's finally kinda accepted that the double pivot isn't the answer.

-----------
2727564, like, just play pedri over coutinho and then give riqui pedri's minutes
Posted by thejerseytornado, Mon Dec-14-20 10:03 AM
and coutinho rotates with griez/messi because those three all want to play the same position, so at least make it two of three, not three of three.

i almost feel bad for koeman because there are a lot of good name players, but they on't fit together and a lot of youth but they also kinda overlap. but he's done such a shit job of managing that and such a valverde level of rotating that i don't feel bad for him. if he were rotating and giving players chances, it'd be different. but he's clearly decided alena and puig aren't it before the season began and i don't understand why.

-----------
2727574, I meant in that Koeman looks for ways to get him on the field
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Dec-14-20 12:35 PM
more than a like for like trade off.
Really, Busquets needs to start seeing the bench more often. That should be Frenkie's spot, ideally. Would love to see FDJ, Puig, and Aleñá midfield in a few CdR games to see how that looks.
2727686, The Werner and Havertz honeymoon is over
Posted by RandomFact, Tue Dec-15-20 03:04 PM
Kai is two steps too slow in everything he does. And Timo has been totally off for like 5 games. Timo's may be a fatigue issue or it could be him playing out of position on the wing. Kai just seems like he's still trying to adapt to the pace of the league. But yeah, both are going to need to start playing a lot better asap. Getting Ziyech back should help all parties involved though.

2727688, No hate.
Posted by allStah, Tue Dec-15-20 03:18 PM
But you told me that Kai was going to be the man, and that I was judging too early. I explained told you that he was not close to being worth that contract, no way no how.

No other team was willing to pay that amount, because they knew it was too much, and he was still underdeveloped.

Werner will be okay.

This is what happens when a coach tinkers with the lineup. 2nd game where Giroud starts and we lose.

2727694, agreed with the tinkering comment but this sounds like u blame Giroud
Posted by benny, Tue Dec-15-20 04:45 PM
>This is what happens when a coach tinkers with the lineup. 2nd
>game where Giroud starts and we lose.
>
>
>
>
2727704, giroud is a better overall player than abraham at the moment
Posted by RandomFact, Tue Dec-15-20 06:06 PM
in my mind giroud is first up off the bench behind werner when everyone is healthy. not sure where that leaves tammy. but yeah, 34 year giroud is still borderline world class.
2727755, I don’t blame Giroud personally.
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-16-20 03:01 PM
But he is better as an energizer and not as a starter, because Tammy’s movement is better. Giroud is just a better finisher. People hate Tammy because he doesn’t finish well, but his movement plays well with Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic. This is why , to me, they have good games when he is on the pitch.

We win when Tammy plays, and that is all that should matter. Fans were screaming for Giroud because he bangs in goals, especially against inferior teams, but Chelsea often loses when that happens

Why?

Because our attacking players turn into sitting midfielders focused on giving service to Giroud, which makes us one dimensional as shit.

With Tammy on, Chelsea is multi-dimensional, because Tammy’s movement creates space and he doesn’t look for service. The players are more attacking and play at their strengths

Giroud will play, and he will score 1-2 goals , but that’s all Chelsea will score. With Tammy on, multiple players will score, and Chelsea will bang in 3-4 goals....

But all fans see is that Tammy ain’t scoring. SMH.

2727703, eh, I was never on the Kai hype train like you're saying here
Posted by RandomFact, Tue Dec-15-20 05:58 PM
>But you told me that Kai was going to be the man, and that I
>was judging too early.

if anything I probably agreed with you that the signing was unnecessary, but when a generational talent* is available you buy him. literally every big club in the world wanted him but chelsea was the only club with the funds available. it wasn't that teams didn't want to pay. they couldn't. the combination of clubs losing money from covid and chelsea having a war chest from hazard and the transfer ban was the only reason frank was able to jump to the front of the line.

*again, this was/is the general consensus surrounding him. not just from fans, but from people who get paid to judge talent for a living.

and it's still too early to judge. i think his issues can be fixed with experience. and currently his issue is being a step or two too slow at everything.

2727757, This is 100 percent incorrect.
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-16-20 03:30 PM
Manchester was about to bag him, but then decided to switch their attention to Sancho, because they felt Kai wasn’t worth the price tag. Sancho is going to cost them more. Had nothing to do with clubs not having the loot. MU could have meet the price and then some. Hell, Sancho is going to cost them about 110.....but their perception of Kai was that he wasn’t a stud or a centerpiece, and said FOH on the 90 mil tag.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/1429848/man-utd-havertz-asking-price/

And no you don’t go bagging so called generational talent who don’t have accomplishments.

Mbappe has a WC and great success with two different clubs. Hazard conquered all of France , and Chelsea still purchased him for only 35-40 mil,etc. Havertz has conquered nothing, and aint even worth 50 mil at this point, because he also looks lost with the German squad. A lot of teams identified that, and when Bayern kept increasing the price, trying to milk teams, a lot of teams bounced.......except Chelsea who fell for that bullshit and got fleeced. He had that price tag because he is German. If he were English , he would be no different in price than Grealish, Mount, Fodon, Madison,etc.

As I have mentioned time and time again, when Chelsea make lavish purchases, they never come to fruition.

2727748, I was certain Arsenal had too much individual talent to get relegated
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Dec-16-20 02:31 PM
but im starting to doubt that idea
2727766, true, but that roster is really
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Dec-16-20 06:16 PM
really bad
2727760, BOBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Dec-16-20 04:51 PM
!!!!!!!!
2727767, mmmm
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Dec-16-20 06:24 PM
jose's whining make it extra delicious
2727762, Glad Chelsea supporters Pride of London see it:
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-16-20 05:17 PM
“Olivier Giroud is the prime example, there was much media pressure on why Giroud was not starting and following his performance against Sevilla it was hard to deny him a starting spot. He grabbed a goal in the game against Leeds however looked labored at times, this should have rung alarm bells to Lampard to not start him against Everton and given his age would have been sensible to do so. However, he started in both the games to follow being largely ineffective. “

STOP STARTING GIROUD. I don’t care if he bags 6 goals in a game, we and he are ineffective when he starts. Why? Because he is old. So coming off the bench in the last 30-20 mins to bang in goals is what he can do and sustain.

While Odi and Ziyech are out.

Roll with the next best thing,

Werner - Tammy - Pulisic

Jorginho - Mount

Kante ( keep him as The DM )

Chilly - Silva- Zouma - James.

2727813, United just fucking refuses to actually be ready to start a game
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Dec-17-20 03:07 PM
2727815, we are so fortunate this Sheffield is probably the worst EPL side ever
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Dec-17-20 03:40 PM
2727816, amazing how bad they got
Posted by smutsboy, Thu Dec-17-20 03:42 PM
they were perfectly mid table last year
2727817, Pandemic
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-17-20 03:51 PM
They had to furlough a lot of their staff, they are going to lose 30/40 million dollars,
and the entire team had to defer half of their salaries and bonuses to the end of the season.

The team is just trying to survive at this point.

I personally think relegation should be postponed until everything has completely recovered.
2727821, your theory would explain a dip
Posted by smutsboy, Thu Dec-17-20 06:06 PM
it does not explain a total implosion from mid table to worst start in PL history
2727830, A dip?
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-17-20 08:37 PM
This team was recently promoted (last year) . This isn’t some top club or experienced mid table club. This is a small club dealing with injuries, loss of fans and revenue. Their falling was going to be more than just a dip or small setback.

If we were talking about Arsenal, that would be completely different.
2727860, it's a nice theory
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Dec-18-20 10:00 AM
inadequate, but nice.
2727822, 28 shots and nary a goal
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Dec-17-20 06:40 PM
But hey, two straight clean sheets, with half the squad rotated out. And last year that would have been a loss with Jay Rodriguez scoring an absolute worldie. So let’s see what we get trying to break down a Big Sam side
2727823, it was completely wild
Posted by smutsboy, Thu Dec-17-20 06:53 PM
damn
2727880, one of the weakest Friday afternoon slates I can remember
Posted by benny, Fri Dec-18-20 12:48 PM
I guess I'll watch U Berlin-Dortmund, Athletic-Huesca sounds too hipster even for me
2727912, Moukoko "finally" gets one
Posted by benny, Fri Dec-18-20 05:30 PM
https://streamja.com/OnXBb

not a bad way to open your scoring career. 16yrs 1 mth old!
2727946, So much for that Villa game goal difference
Posted by smutsboy, Sat Dec-19-20 09:27 AM
lol enjoy the holiday boys. 8 days off.
2727948, Lord have mercy.
Posted by Buck, Sat Dec-19-20 09:34 AM
2727952, biggest away league win in club history
Posted by smutsboy, Sat Dec-19-20 10:05 AM
lol at being up 4-0 and bringing Mo Salah off the bench.

Bobby is flying and Sadio got off the skid.

Andy Robertson tied with De Bruyne for most assists since the start of 2018. A left back.
2727956, this Nketia Pepe Willian attack is CRIMINAL
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Dec-19-20 02:09 PM
2727957, I get legit bummed out watching Pepe play for Arsenal
Posted by benny, Sat Dec-19-20 02:38 PM
dude was so fun to watch when he was part of the BIP (Bamba Ikone Pepe) at Lille
2728001, I believe you. I really do.
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Dec-19-20 10:02 PM
>dude was so fun to watch when he was part of the BIP (Bamba
>Ikone Pepe) at Lille
2728017, Serge gonna Serge
Posted by benny, Sun Dec-20-20 10:26 AM
Heartened to see that as well as he’s been playing for Spurs lately, he’s still good for a fuckup or two recurrently
2728022, Fofana cost 40% of Maguire’s transfer fee
Posted by benny, Sun Dec-20-20 11:01 AM
2728026, wow we actually showed up to start a game
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Dec-20-20 11:39 AM
2728027, We look like some killers today
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Dec-20-20 11:53 AM
2728028, stop stop they're already dead gif
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Dec-20-20 12:11 PM
2728029, do leeds always play this...stupidly?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Dec-20-20 12:13 PM
the announcers are applauding them for how quick they get forward still at 3-0 down. there's nothing a team could do to play more into our hands.
2728037, Are you familiar with this guy Bielsa?
Posted by vik, Sun Dec-20-20 02:12 PM
He expects his team to go forwards at all times no matter the circumstances.
2728103, yeah kinda weird to discover this in late December
Posted by benny, Mon Dec-21-20 09:18 AM
also it's not stupid, it's fun and cool. Doesn't always work, so what?
2728623, All facts I Kinda hopes he becomes Barça coach nm
Posted by vik, Mon Dec-28-20 06:43 AM
2728104, been familiar.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-21-20 09:19 AM
figured there'd be a bit of pragmatism and damage limitation at 4-1 but it never came. glad too bc we needed the GD correction from that Spurs abberation
2728058, 5th with a game in hand? I’ll take it.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-20-20 04:06 PM
Second best goal difference in the league too. Good to see El Ghazi finding some goalscoring form. Also three straight clean sheets. Just need to keep it up after Christmas and avoid the normal winter slump.
2728069, Also would you look at this damn finish?
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-20-20 04:43 PM
Fucking ice water in Bert’s veins man. https://twitter.com/chris_dolan/status/1340771485703651329?s=21
2728078, So relaxed.
Posted by Buck, Sun Dec-20-20 06:48 PM
2728100, when it first left his foot I though he scuffed the whole thing lol
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Dec-20-20 11:27 PM
2728108, Mckennie named US’ Male soccer player of the year.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-21-20 10:09 AM

Also, the Swivel God is healthy again. However, he will not start in the
upcoming la liga match.

Next up for the Blues is West Ham. Lineup isn’t out yet. We must win here to get back in the top 4.

If Giroud starts, I will fly on the lightening bolts of Zeus to Stamford Bridge and skull fock Lampard. And I don’t even follow Greek mythology.
2728138, Silva handing out brasilian waxes.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-21-20 03:25 PM
Cold waxed all of West Ham on that header...

1-0 blues. And Giroud didn’t start! Let’s get more goals.
I want to see 3 more.
2728140, Tammy!! 2 goals and Chelsea gets the win.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-21-20 04:52 PM
Tammy starts, chelsea wins. Now lamps stop messing with the lineup.

Tammy with the hazard heel flick was beautiful!

Great win and clean sheet.

Pulisic and mount put in good shifts as well. Mount has been a stud this year.

Werner still missing sitters. But he had some good movements.
This ain’t Germany, boys.

MOUNT >>>>>>>>>>>Grealish, Fodon, Madison and any other English Tea Biscuit ass midfielder.

2728355, 6 goals/6 assists in 16 games vs 4/4 in 24.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Thu Dec-24-20 01:38 AM
Mount’s good. Grealish is otherworldly. If he were on Real you wouldn’t be able to shut up about him. And unlike a lot of players you pump up until they look at Zidane the wrong way, you’d be right.
2728357, Man, Mount would have ten assists right now if Werner knew
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-24-20 01:51 AM
how to finish.

Just be prepared for Dec 28th...
2728141, it was more ugly than "good." but to shithouse a win every once in a while
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-21-20 05:15 PM
is not a bad thing. take the win and look to improve.

i would start with the midfield. the jorgino/kante/mount midfield had zero control of the game. the forwards need the ball at their feet. long balls forward don't count. it wasn't a surprise that the attack looked a lot different when kova came on. his ability to dribble through the lines opens up space for the entire attack.

"silva can do what jorgino does (long balls over the top) just as well" - nbc commentator. j5 doesn't need to be in the match day squad. a transfer would be ideal. he doesn't fit the current system and is taking up a bench seat the should be reserved for billy gilmour.

2728356, jorginho is absolutely useless in english ball
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Dec-24-20 01:43 AM
2728359, Tuchel gone
Posted by benny, Thu Dec-24-20 08:45 AM
Pochettino as his replacement seems to be the story. He played for us so at least he has some idea of what he’s getting into...
2728450, Ten men? Pfff ain’t even a thing.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sat Dec-26-20 12:00 PM
Mings out for Chelsea but Konsa and Hause will be up to the challenge. Also last time a Villa player missed as many chances as Watkins did, he ended up on a tear that continued today (what a goal too from El Ghazi)
2728451, Y'all are so good! Im so jealous
Posted by calminvasion, Sat Dec-26-20 12:08 PM
Playing with 10 men is something we actually desperately need since it happens every other game.
2728560, With lifelong fans of the club leading the way
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-27-20 04:43 PM
In the dugout and on the pitch. It’s been an awesome 100 games of Dean Smith.
2728454, FOH with those excuses
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 12:40 PM
We have been without our best player for weeks. Ziyech...Odi
And don’t even get me started on Mr.Glass (Pulisic).

Suit up and come get this butt whooping.

2728463, You’re weird, man. I just said I wasn’t worried
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sat Dec-26-20 01:51 PM
See, that’s what having squad depth does. Mings goes out, Konsa comes back in, Hause has been great filling in for Konsa, and now the two of them had a half to work as a pairing. Barkley’s been out all December and we’ve only gotten 10 of 12 points. Feels good man.
2728464, don’t get all tear jerker on me.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 01:59 PM
Just ruffling your feathers.

I understand. You guys are shorthanded.....we still bringing the pain.
2728465, We’re actually not. Or if we are it’s not making a difference.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sat Dec-26-20 02:05 PM
Four straight clean sheets. El Ghazi full of confidence. Watkins looking to make up for the chances he missed today.

And Frank’s griping about the fixture turnaround? And y’all did that against Arsenal? ARSENAL???

My prediction? https://www.hitc.com/static/uploads/2020/12/GettyImages-1146428448.jpg
2728467, That’s going to cost you 2 more goals.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 02:16 PM
Y’all will be facing an angry chelsea.
2728488, “Angry Chelsea.” LOLOL
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sat Dec-26-20 04:29 PM
2728495, Fun team to watch.
Posted by Buck, Sat Dec-26-20 07:37 PM
2728452, If we keep it within 2 goals today, I'll be happy
Posted by calminvasion, Sat Dec-26-20 12:10 PM
This team will get relegated if we don't make a change. Get one of those relegation specialists in. Too bad we didn't act fast enough for big Sam
2728453, Who else is out there? I guess Tuchel is now available. Favre?
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Dec-26-20 12:25 PM
>This team will get relegated if we don't make a change. Get
>one of those relegation specialists in. Too bad we didn't act
>fast enough for big Sam
2728456, I did not think Xhaka had that in him
Posted by benny, Sat Dec-26-20 01:18 PM
2728457, It’s 1 of the few things he can occasionally do well
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Dec-26-20 01:20 PM
2728459, Penalty on James was terrible. Soft as hell.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 01:33 PM
We have been poor though. And Werner has no sense of direction.

On the counter, he goes out wide....like wtf are you doing?

Mount was the only one with decent play.

Let’s square this game up....
2728460, Fantastic cross by Saka. 😀
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Dec-26-20 01:43 PM
2728461, Well. That’s game over. Not sure what to make of it.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 01:45 PM
It is what it is.

Good. Let’s take our frustrations out on Villa.

Arsenal , that was our Christmas present to you.
2728466, boy this is not the scoreline i expected to come back to
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Dec-26-20 02:12 PM
chelsea what happened
2728469, Team is young as shit
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 02:25 PM
The front line of Werner- Tammy- Pulisic...Similac.

All the talent in the world ...but still too young to direct it. Need Ziyech back ASAP.

The penalty was bullshit though. Also, Chilwell has been terrible. Just awful. He is all offense. He can’t close down on players for shit. Talking about he is going to focus on being like Ashley Cole...please.

These kids are going to be up and down...that’s just the truth of it. It is what it is. A few games they are going to destroy everything in sight, backed by games where they look like shit against teams they are supposed to beat.
2728496, Pulisic is not the one to put in the “blame” category
Posted by RandomFact, Sat Dec-26-20 08:33 PM
He played an objectively good 90 minutes.

CHO looked really good too. No idea what you saw in Mount this game.

>The front line of Werner- Tammy- Pulisic...Similac.
>
>All the talent in the world ...but still too young to direct
>it. Need Ziyech back ASAP.

Maybe the lack of creativity in the midfield can get some of the blame as well? Our forwards need the ball at their feet. That didn’t happen for 70 minutes. The only route for getting our forwards the ball was Mendy booting it and hoping for the best. The midfield needs to be a whole lot better at both dribbling and passing through the lines.

Also, this “cross and hope for the best” stuff needs to stop. Reece has a nice right foot and all but that doesn’t mean he needs to put in a cross every time he touches the ball (he literally crosses the ball every time he touches it when going forward).
2728499, No idea in what I saw in Mount this game ????
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 09:16 PM
I don’t mean any disrespect.

Are you just a Pulisic fan, and you don’t really follow chelsea ?

You just said what was I watching in regards to Mason Mount. That makes zero sense when he got the highest rating of all Chelsea players.

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/match-coverage/player-ratings-arsenal-3-1-chelsea-premier-league-261220

“Mason Mount - 7/10
Chelsea's best player by far, Mount was the Blues' silver lining as he was at the heart of Chelsea's best moves. Almost scored from a brilliant free-kick and won a penalty late on only for substitute Jorginho to pass it into Leno's hands.”

And that was from Sport Illustrated. So how in the hell was he terrible today when he was chelsea’s Best player ?

You couldn’t have possibly watched the game. You’re scaring me. You said you have no idea in what I saw in mount this game....when he was praised for being chelsea’s best player.

Just say you are a Pulisic fan and I will understand. ..seriously. Also no one blamed Pulisic for anything, just said the front line is still wet behind the ears....

2728507, If this is considered a “good” game from Mount then
Posted by RandomFact, Sat Dec-26-20 10:04 PM
the standards are way too low. And they may be. People seem to be blinded by that good ol “work rate” of his. He had an ok game. An average game. Definitely not a standout performer like you alluded to above.

And I’m not Pulisic FC by any means. But he had a good game, especially when he moved to the left and started drifting centrally and deeper to get on the ball (because no one else was progressing the ball properly through the midfield).
2728520, Again, what on earth are you reading?
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 11:37 PM
My Post 96 said nothing about Mount having a juggernaut game. My post clearly says Mount was the only one with DECENT play because in general it was a terrible game...and that was my review of first half action.

I don’t know what you’re watching or reading. I really don’t.
2728509, Lol pulled out one of only two publications that rated Mount over Pulisic
Posted by Hitokiri, Sat Dec-26-20 10:34 PM
The majority definitely have Pulisic rated higher in this game.
2728518, I think some of you have brain damage.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-26-20 11:29 PM
That’s Sports illustrated. And again no one said anything about Pulisic , or him being good or bad. My posting that rating had zero to do with Pulisic.

The point was, he said he didn’t know what I saw in Mount this game, saying that Mount was bad....when Mount is given a good rating in every rating.

I saw every minute of the match and Mount had a good game...created the first chance, taking players 1 v 1, creating space, etc. so him saying Mount had a terrible game makes zero sense

Here is football London’s rating:

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-player-ratings-vs-arsenal-19523569

“Mason Mount Hit a post with a long-range free kick early on and looked most lively of Chelsea's players in attack.” And for the record they said Pulisic was bad and gave him a 5.

Even Bias NBC had Mount at a 6... Do you want me to get anymore outlets?

Again, the point was he said Mount was bad ...which makes zero sense.

2728533, "He got the highest rating of all Chelsea players"
Posted by Hitokiri, Sun Dec-27-20 02:18 AM
Narrator: He didn't.
2728540, In SI’s Chelsea Nation.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-27-20 11:14 AM
He did get the highest rating for Chelsea , which is what I was going by and go by.

He got a 7, and Pulisic got 6.5

It’s focking Sports Illustrated. Now if you don’t value them, that’s not my problem.

2728566, Man, Mount was fine, but he didn't do anything special.
Posted by Buck, Sun Dec-27-20 05:09 PM
Nobody did anything special. He was one of them.

That's why they lost.

Looking at half-point grades...cmon.
2728491, Jamie Vardy should have a movie made about his life.
Posted by Castro, Sat Dec-26-20 05:14 PM
Yo is like robin hood.
2728504, out of all the national team selections i wonder about him the most
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Dec-26-20 09:51 PM
like yes he was a late bloomer, but it seems easier to craft a more potent, high-level attack around kane at 10 and vardy just making runs all day

than betting on sterling/rashford/sancho to have a good day

but i have questions about the way their whole operation sets out lol. i'd reshuffle how most of that team arranges
2728535, Kanes form this year changes a lot of things....
Posted by Castro, Sun Dec-27-20 03:27 AM
but I would put Rashford with Vardy up front..I think they could complement each other.

Kane I had written off as a one dimensional poacher, but the special one has really turned him into a much more dangerous threat.
2728543, Chilling in my Benzo...
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-27-20 11:37 AM
I didn’t see the game, but Benz had a brace.
Peeped the highlights, and RM got another W

RM has no business being up at the top of the league. But there
they are , a GD behind AM. If they win the league again this year with
all the injuries they have been through, absolutely insane.

Hazard should be back for the next match.
2728544, West Brom absolutely laying down
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Dec-27-20 11:53 AM
10-0-0 formation
At least leave a man up top for an out ball smh
2728548, I’ve rarely seen a team with that little drive to go forward
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Dec-27-20 01:27 PM
2nd half was a little better.

Almost ground out a 1-0 win but injuries strike again.
2728596, Just a reminder: Villa’s starting back five cost less than Harry Maguire
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Dec-27-20 09:28 PM
And I know which I’d rather have
2728640, Ok stah we’re about as first team as you can get.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 11:33 AM
And I see Old Man Thiago is on the bench, and your favorite striker is starting. Cannot WAIT to hear Dem ‘Scuses.
2728650, It’s called fixture exhaustion. They just played 2 days ago.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 12:07 PM
But I don’t expect you to have that kind of soccer knowledge.

Good luck.
2728651, Smith made one change from our team that played two days ago
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 12:21 PM
So miss me entirely with that excuse.
2728653, And that is why you guys are kings of the middle table.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 12:26 PM
2728649, I’m not happy with the lineup.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 11:59 AM
But due to fixture exhaustion, I do understand the need to rest players.
So I have no complaints here. That will make for strong substitutions.

Odoi - Giroud - Pulisic

mount - Jorginho - Kante

Chilwel- rudiger -Christensen- AZP

with Jorginho and a weak backline, there will be no clean sheet.

2728661, Damn. Pulisic should have scored right there.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 01:06 PM
He has to finish that. That was a huge opportunity.
Let’s continue to build.
2728662, Goal! Chelsea!
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 01:08 PM
Solid connection between chilly willy and Giroud. It was just a matter of time.

Let’s continue to push and control possession.
2728663, Fuckin Giroud man.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 01:16 PM
Chilwell is giving Traore fits. Gotta either switch the wingers or ride out to the end of the half
2728665, Gotta bounce out ... going to miss the second half
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 01:33 PM
I keep up with updates....let’s got!
2728666, GHAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 01:41 PM
5 in 5 games for him. This team man. This. Team.
2728673, Unbeaten with one goal conceded through December. I’ll take it.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 02:25 PM
2728682, not playing a man down with christensen laying on the ground
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-28-20 04:00 PM
would've probably helped. probably would have been talking about a chelsea win if he resumed his defensive duties.

chelsea didn't play bad overall. could've would've should've won it. considering the recent run of poor form and 48 hour turnaround this wasn't all doom and gloom. tie (at the minimum) against city with a healthy ziyech and put this horrible patch behind them while players get comfortable playing with each other. not being able to field a stable attacking setup has not helped. the optimist in me says things will improve significantly from this point.
2728707, He could have also not fouled Grealish in the buildup too. So that’s on him.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 09:11 PM
2728712, that's right, grealish didn't get enough penalties called in his favor
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-28-20 10:38 PM
give jack all the penalties each time he falls over (which is roughly every time he touches the ball).

you're also wrong, so there's that too... https://twitter.com/goal/status/1343630626130448387
https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/12/video-jack-grealish-kicks-andreas-christensen-buildup-aston-villa-goal/

not a foul by either player, although the extra kick out by grealish was somewhat questionable. but yeah, not a "penalty" like you said.

andreas needed to get his ass up regardless.
2728713, I mean he impedes Grealish’s play after the pass is gone
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 10:45 PM
Which is usually a foul, last time I checked. Didn’t matter in the end because the ref waved play on and Villa got the goal.

And yes, Grealish is the most fouled player in the league by some distance. If he were the diver half of you marks seem to think he is the referees would have taken some action. It’s one thing if there’s one ref he’s consistently fooling. But he’s either that damn good at diving, or that damn good at mad-making and putting himself between man and ball.

So be mad, cry some more and enjoy the Thomas Tuchel Show next season. Maybe Frank will figure it out if he goes back to Derby County.
2728722, I'm not even mad! I think Chelsea will be fine
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-28-20 11:14 PM
but your guy does go down *really* easily. kudos to him for perfecting the art of falling down dramatically after minimal contact. unfortunately that's a valuable tool in ones locker these days.
2728735, You’re talking like he’s Patrick Fucking Bamford.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Tue Dec-29-20 01:16 AM
Or even Deco (that dude was one of the dirtiest, cheapest players I’ve ever seen).
2728689, Just finished watching the second half.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 05:11 PM
A draw is unacceptable.

Considering this was Chelsea’s 2nd team out there against Villa’s main starters,
this was a solid showing. We should have won by 2-3 goals. We were the better team.
Players just weren’t clinical.

Pulisic missed on 2 easy chances
Hudson missed on an easy chance
Werner missed s freaking sitter.
And Chilwel’s miss towards the end was just Fucking comical. How the hell do you miss that?

Chelsea dominated the stats

possession : 64/36
shots,SOG : 16(5) / 10(2)
corners : 11/4

As stated, with a weak ass backline, there wasn’t going to be a clean sheet.

Bottom line, this game should have been a W. We have to get clinical and win the games we are supposed to win. We just dropped 5 points in less than 4 days.

Werner and Havertz, this ain’t Germany or the German team. Maybe these two can’t cut it outside of deutschland.

2728697, ah well that's a wrap then
Posted by benny, Mon Dec-28-20 06:03 PM

>Werner and Havertz, this ain’t Germany or the German team.
>Maybe these two can’t cut it outside of deutschland.
>
>
2728726, Ol Frontrunner FC up there.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 11:35 PM
2728706, Put down the pipe dog.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 09:07 PM
Even with more possession, Villa had just as many clear cut chances to bag a winner. McGinn hitting the bar. Ramsey going just wide. Brilliant save from Mendy (fair play) off Grealish in the first half. Cash following up another Chelsea save.

Love to see them scuses too. Just like I said there’d be. Level on points with you, up on GD, and two games in hand.
2728714, stats don't lie. You are what the numbers say that you are
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 10:46 PM
You not only disregarded visual evidence, but you even disregard numbers.

corners: CHELSEA
possession: CHELSEA
MORE SHOTS AND SHOTS ON GOALS: CHELSEA

so no you didn't have just as many chances. And we were clearly the
more attacking team.

weaker lineup:CHELSEA

we had two bench CBs starting
we had a bench fullback starting
We had a bench winger starting
we had a bench midfielder starting
we had a bench striker starting.

Be satisfied with the 1 point, bro.

Here is a good portion of film from the game to refresh your memory to what actually happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zduege0Lu-k&t=700s

AND COUNT THE CHANCES WHILE YOU'RE WATCHING....I come with receipts and evidence.

2728718, Enjoy Tuchel pissing everyone off next season.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 11:06 PM
Here’s the stats that matter:

Goals: EVEN
Total Points: EVEN
Goal Differential: VILLA
Games in hand: VILLA

Chilwell had a great game. That last chance he had wasn’t comical. It was a really tough chance that he did excellently to get even that close. But Jacob Ramsey probably should have put his chance away too. And that was his first touch. Draw’s a fair result no matter how much you or Frank Lampard want to cry about it. Oh also, Giroud was excellent and you do nothing but bitch and moan every time you see him play. Chelsea’s attack was driven by him, Pulisic and Chilwell. Not your golden boy Mount. Also, Kante was fuckin anonymous. Know why? John McGinn, that’s why.

I’m happy with the point, happier with coming back from one down to get it. But you’re talking like y’all dominated.
2728724, You talk like a middle table supporter.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 11:28 PM
Oh, wait. You are a middle table supporter.

No. it was comical, because Ashley Cole would have netted. That’s why Chilwel put his hand over his face, because he knew he should have scored. He wasn’t clinical.

Like I said bro, enjoy the one point. But our Bench team was better than your A team.

I love this rivalry we have because it ends the same every season. We get trophies, and y’all get the middle table.

2728744, You guys should make it interesting.
Posted by Buck, Tue Dec-29-20 10:47 AM
>I love this rivalry we have because it ends the same every
>season. We get trophies, and y’all get the middle table.

How much is that worth to you?
2728723, Also, this “weaker lineup” bullshit excuse man
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Dec-28-20 11:17 PM
Those were supposedly fresher players. And they’re all supposed to be these big expensive world class players, no? Fuck up out of here with excuse after excuse man.
2728728, ^^I love this guy.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-28-20 11:39 PM
I like your motivation. You’re a pretty scrappy guy.

I like how your fight for your club. It’s cute.
2728763, an absolutely disgusting effort but i'll take the 3 points
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-29-20 04:54 PM
i don't think there's a man in our squad player or coaching staff that should be proud of how we've played today.

on ole, to get 90+ mins in, at home, against a below average team and to still have 4 defenders and Matic on the field, plus a sub in your back pocket is some absolutely disgusting shit. 1 point is worthless and that's all we actually deserved.
2728766, the deflection off MOTM Saisse was the chef's kiss to cap it off
Posted by benny, Tue Dec-29-20 05:00 PM
Not as ugly as Arsenal's "effort" earlier, but truly amazing that y'all are just 2 back of Liverpool after showing so little. Very little to get excited about on the pitch but the league table doesn't lie.
Bruno looked gassed though, gonna have to rest him again it seems
2728779, its an odd team for sure
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-29-20 11:14 PM
the big thing is that at the end of the day we do have a lot of raw individual talent. some combo of martial, rashford, cavani, bruno, pogba, mason will be able to break through. and fortunately we've been healthy for once, but you also cant say our style is overly strenuous.

that seems to be the plan for the year. play at 60-80% intensity, limit injuries, and let individual talent get us through the grindy days.

our season could look very different in a week if we beat aston villa and liverpool, difference between a title race and a top 4 race. we should go for the Ws. 1 point is basically worthless
2728798, yikes another postponed game
Posted by benny, Wed Dec-30-20 12:38 PM
they're already packing way too many games together as it is now they're gonna keep piling more in; really dumb that they didn't use Covid to at least have a discussion about suspending the dumb tradition of cramming games during Boxing Day/NYE
2728857, Rough goal to concede.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Jan-01-21 03:46 PM
Been a fun game to watch so far too.
2728860, Bruhhhhhhhhhhh.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Jan-01-21 04:23 PM
Of fucking course.
2728867, level top at new years LETS FUCKING GO
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-01-21 04:58 PM
mentally that was the best 90 mins i've seen us play all season. total commitment from every man.

the attack still needs to sort out the final ball. i think every one rashford tried was the absolute wrong decision.
2728868, Good game except for the pen.
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Jan-01-21 05:04 PM
I really thought Davis was going to level it, but Bailly was awesome all game.
2728973, Tierney took no prisoners on that goal, damn
Posted by benny, Sat Jan-02-21 03:55 PM
playing in short-sleeves/no gloves in a snow storm, all about that Scottish life
2728979, Agreed. 2nd goal was a classic arsenal goal as well. Encouraging.
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Jan-02-21 04:54 PM
>playing in short-sleeves/no gloves in a snow storm, all about
>that Scottish life

2728982, Saka is our best player, right now, at 19
Posted by calminvasion, Sat Jan-02-21 05:22 PM
Says a bit about our overall quality, but just as much about how freaking good he is. Monster

Love ESR too. Seeing him, Saka, and Martenelli playing together is so fun.

Don’t care about results this year, just get those three lots of experience together.

That said, I do like what’s happening recently + dropping a healthy Partey into it

2728983, Agreed. 🤞🏾Saka, ESR, martinelli and partey stay healthy in 2021
Posted by dillinjah, Sat Jan-02-21 05:37 PM
>Says a bit about our overall quality, but just as much about
>how freaking good he is. Monster
>
>Love ESR too. Seeing him, Saka, and Martenelli playing
>together is so fun.
>
>Don’t care about results this year, just get those three
>lots of experience together.
>
>That said, I do like what’s happening recently + dropping a
>healthy Partey into it
>
>
2729013, chelsea putting in a 0/10 across the board rn
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jan-03-21 12:05 PM
2729014, I feel like Chelsea should try to allow fewer shots.
Posted by Buck, Sun Jan-03-21 12:07 PM
It seems like that might give them a better chance.
2729016, Our offensive players do not know how to track back and defend.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 12:33 PM
That’s the problem with all of them. It’s okay to have one or two players who don’t want to play defense, and just want to focus on offense.

We had that with Hazard and Fabregas. But Willian, Pedro, Kante, Moses and Costa would track back and also do defensive dirty work. We don’t have that with this team because frank is offensive minded, and none of these young attacking players know how to play defense.

Pulisic, Werner, Mount, Ziyech just poor on getting back and pressing, and covering space when the opponent has the ball.

Kante and Azp are old, and aren’t the same defensively. Kante has been terrible these past few games. That was a terrible pass by him that led to the 1v1 sterling break away. He no longer has the ability to cover major ground. He did it for so long, it’s only natural for him to be on the decline. And Frank makes it worse by playing him more offensively, instead of just having him sit in front of the backline.

Sterling is just abusing Kante at this point...sad to see

Chilwell is another Alonso, great on attack but can’t cover space or player. Zouma and Silva can only do so much, as well as Mendy.

This is why you don’t spend millions on young, unproven offensive players who can’t track back, and neglect to spend on defense.

2729070, …
Posted by magilla vanilla, Sun Jan-03-21 06:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9sgvV4O.gif
2729095, Did y’all win or lose this week?
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 08:16 PM
Think about it. My team is so shit right now, and y’all still couldn’t beat us.

2729130, Don’t care mayne. We’ve been in every game we’ve played this season
Posted by magilla vanilla, Mon Jan-04-21 12:47 AM
Bar one (Leeds). Took a soft-ass penalty for United to put us away this week. Even in the Leeds game we didn’t look like y’all.

So I will reiterate: https://i.imgur.com/9sgvV4O.gif

Enjoy the Tuchel show. He’ll flame out after a season like every other Chelsea manager since Mourinho left the first time.
2729091, Kante's deterioration is glaring. Almost as bad as Willian to be honest.
Posted by dillinjah, Sun Jan-03-21 07:53 PM

>Kante and Azp are old, and aren’t the same defensively.
>Kante has been terrible these past few games. That was a
>terrible pass by him that led to the 1v1 sterling break away.
>He no longer has the ability to cover major ground. He did it
>for so long, it’s only natural for him to be on the decline.
>And Frank makes it worse by playing him more offensively,
>instead of just having him sit in front of the backline.
2729017, Not one attacking player marked on that set piece!
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 12:55 PM
This is fundamental soccer stuff. MC players moving forward on the kick, and Chelsea players are just standing there. You can tell they don’t practice marking the way they should.

Props to Mendy from keeping it from being a blood bath.

2729021, Aight, it might be Guus Hiddink time.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 01:34 PM
That was an all out ass whooping. Pure and simple. One coach was far superior than the other.

I can’t recall one player on our squad that made a tackle. I will have to rewatch. When you get our players off the ball, they give up. Every last one of them. KDB got knocked off the ball, and immediately tracked back, because Pep doesn’t play that shit.

Might be another operation fix it for Guus Hiddink.

Werner was useless, and Frank just stayed with him. Tammy and Giroud should have been put on immediately...

This is Chelsea, bro. We win trophies. No player or coach is above that. No one. This shit will not continue to be tolerated.
2729023, I was about to ask 'when do you think lampard will be sacked?'
Posted by dillinjah, Sun Jan-03-21 01:48 PM
If they go through an Arsenal type of run in January, then he obviously won't make it to the end of the month.

My guess is it'll happen last week of Feb after atletico madrid & united
2729025, Yeah. You’re spot on.
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 02:01 PM
Falling to the middle table is not tolerated . Call it the Roman complex, can’t help it. Fans are not going to accept it. It shouldn’t be that way, but that’s just how it is.

But on the other hand we have a history of playing like shit in November and December , and then turning it on in January. If he gets a string of wins and advances in the CL, he will be okay.

If Chelsea doesn’t finish top 4 and loses in the CL he is out of there. And if Chelsea continues to lose In the next few weeks, he will be out of there sooner than that.

We are shit right now....and deserve all the bashing and hate.

So Magilla bash away!
2729028, 20ish minutes of immaculate football by city
Posted by RandomFact, Sun Jan-03-21 02:15 PM
Like, perfect football.

Chelsea’s midfield and defense were completely overrun in those 20ish minutes. I wanna think (hope?) those 20 minutes were an outlier.

I still think Chelsea/Frank can turn it around with a stretch of good health. Players are just not on the same page, especially in attack. Also need Kai to start justifying that transfer fee. Creativity in the midfield is a huge issue for this team.

2729030, RE: 20ish minutes of immaculate football by city
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-03-21 02:34 PM
Just pure class Pep. And that wasn’t his normal lineup due to players being out because of Covid.

I thought Pep was declining a little...nope. And Stones has matured