Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTom Brady has 9 interceptions so far.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2726173
2726173, Tom Brady has 9 interceptions so far.
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-24-20 11:35 AM
In his past 8 seasons, he avg about 9 picks a season. He has thrown multiple interceptions in a game three times this season, where in one game he threw three interceptions.

With 6 games remaining in the season, he could end up with his highest interception total for a season. He has never thrown for more than 14 INTs in one season. He could possibly end up with 18-20 interceptions

The point of this post is not to degrade Brady, but to point out just how aggressive tampa’s offensive system is, and that even the most skilled QB will throw a lot of interceptions in the system. Brady has been somewhat of a turnover machine this year, playing defense for the other team, and turning it over in critical moments.

So it wasn’t all on Winston ,and that his 30 interception season was simply an irregular output due to Tampa’s system.

Dude gets a bad rap for that season, and it has cost him a lot of money and possibly his career. I really hope he gets another chance.
2726174, The team-wide lack of accountability there is a sight to see
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-24-20 12:06 PM
That they’ve won 7 games is miraculous. It’s entirely because of talent, because you’ll find few teams as unorganized as Tampa.
2726176, Tom Brady is done, no disrespect
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Nov-24-20 12:23 PM
2726179, I think Pats culture was probably more lost on him than he'd admit
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-24-20 01:44 PM
much like Brady had more to do with Pats success than Belichick would admit

Truth is it was a perfect store of a hardass coach who preached accountability and got guys to buy in PLUS the best quarterback ever at the helm

what you're left with is a fundamentally sound Pats team that has no talent and a Tampa team that has a great QB surrounded by a bunch of shithead coaches and players
2726181, RE: I think Pats culture was probably more lost on him than he'd admit
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-24-20 01:56 PM
You don’t think Tampa is offensively talented?

Brady is surrounded by talent at every offensive position.

Tampa’s issue is their weak secondary. You can’t run on the Bucs, but you can pass on them all day long. Cupp/Woods combined for 200 yards.
2726182, Didn’t say they weren’t talented - they’re loaded - said they’re shitheads
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-24-20 01:59 PM
Everyone around him there basically is a shithead , and their shittiness is contagious to him too. In the Bears game he didn’t even know the last play of the game was 4th down, he thought it was third.

They’re consistently unprepared and sloppy in their biggest moments on both sides of the ball. They should be 10 times better than they are. I’d be stunned if they won more than one playoff game.
2726183, RE: Didn’t say they weren’t talented - they’re loaded - said they’re shitheads
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-24-20 02:07 PM
Oh. I see. That makes sense.

2726185, the playoffs will be interesting, all of the top NFC teams have chinks...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-24-20 02:22 PM
in the armor, Tampa choked hard last night but I could still see them coming out of the NFC
2726201, BA likes to go vertical
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-24-20 10:02 PM
Brady wants to dink and dunk and Fournette can’t catch.

2726289, yup.
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Nov-26-20 08:50 PM
it's not good match. somebody will have to adjust or he'll continue to look inaccurate on those deep balls.

fournette has been terrible since leaving lsu. it's like every game is him against bama.
2726298, Brady has more weapons than at any point in his career, AB, Gronk...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Nov-27-20 11:29 AM
Evans, Godwin, Fournette, RoJo...

LeSean McCoy is a borderline HOF’er that doesn’t even play
2726320, no one is denying he has weapons.
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Nov-27-20 07:05 PM
He used to do it without weapons in NE.

Run game is ass and he doesn’t have a reliable RB as a security blanket. That’s like half his success in NE was dumping it in the flat or that damn wheel route.

2726322, Man get out here with that shit
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-27-20 08:09 PM
Winston threw for 5 grand with the same running back and less WRs. He had Goodwin and Evans. No brown or gronk

Brady is just a system QB.

Offense flew way better with Winston.
2726323, all QBs are system QBs.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Nov-27-20 09:15 PM
its about the fit. right now the system and brady don't fit. system QB isn't a negative. that's not to say that he's without fault, but it's not all on him.

I hate brady, but this expectation that everything should be golden in the new place is absurd. how many rings does BA have? we've all seen 'all-star' talent level teams not do well. this isn't new.

that system qb has how many rings now?
2726326, Yards don’t mean shit. How many wins and INT’s did he have?
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Nov-28-20 08:37 AM
You didn’t really disagree with my point.

I just said Brady was better with less talent in NE..

you know, due to their system.
2726325, RoJo is the 5th leading rusher in the NFL averaging almost 5ypc...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-28-20 07:45 AM
he does fine when Brady hands him the ball
2726327, Land BA won’t commit to the run because he is in love
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Nov-28-20 08:39 AM
with the pass.

2726328, *and BA..
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Nov-28-20 10:33 AM
smh. I really need to turn off this auto correct.
2726346, Arians stop trying to be cute with his name he hasn’t earned that
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-28-20 07:24 PM
2726493, boy hush. I’m from Pittsburgh. We call him BA.
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Nov-29-20 07:48 PM
2726515, LOL, bro that was kinda hilarious...
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Nov-30-20 12:22 AM
after you calling Ronald Jones RoJo, like two replies up.
2726522, RE: LOL, bro that was kinda hilarious...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-30-20 08:16 AM
>after you calling Ronald Jones RoJo, like two replies up.

That’s what they actually call him on tv, I’ve never heard anybody refer to Arians as BA, at first I thought he was talking about AB
2726613, he acted like i called him Optimus Arians
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-01-20 11:07 AM
its his fucking initials.

2731818, Put some respect on BA's name!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Feb-08-21 01:56 AM
2732494, you shall address him as Mr. BA for now on.
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Feb-21-21 09:28 AM
2726433, Brady is like a less mobile Alex Smith now
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Nov-29-20 01:36 PM
2726436, they talking about it: Arians' critiques of Brady go noticed (swipe)
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Nov-29-20 02:17 PM
Bruce Arians' critiques of Tom Brady not going unnoticed, Buccaneers coaches failing to fit scheme to veteran

By Jason La Canfora

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bruce-arians-critiques-of-tom-brady-not-going-unnoticed-buccaneers-coaches-failing-to-fit-scheme-to-veteran/

Tampa coach Bruce Arians offered more pointed public critiques of future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady's performance throughout last week, something many close to Brady have come to expect, but something they bristle against as well.

Brady himself is not inclined to say anything in the media about the persistent negative assessments of his work by Arians, sources said, but it is clearly not going unnoticed and, in the estimation of several people close to the quarterback, is being done at least in part as a diversionary tactic to take attention away from the significant scheme and adjustment issues the offensive coaching staff have yet to correct. Several NFL execs and scouts who have scouted the Buccaneers have also concluded that the offense is fairly predictable and failing to play to the 43-year old quarterback's strengths, setting up an interesting final month of the regular season for the 7-4 team.

"Tom's a big boy, he can take it," said one source close to the quarterback. "It's a great way to deflect blame from Arians. Keep everybody asking about the quarterback so they don't focus on the limitations of the scheme or the lack of adjustments being made. Are they really grinding to find every way to make this work better or just blaming the quarterback? Are they grinding all night trying to find the answers?"

Brady has come under fire from Arians since the start of the season for his inaccuracy at times, failure to read the coverage properly and other mistakes. The veteran is accustomed to such scrutiny behind the scenes in team meetings from his time with Bill Belichick, but many around the league in the coaching and GM world are confused by the repeated public lashings of arguably the greatest player in NFL history who is nearing the end of his career.

If nothing else, Brady is a full-time student of the game and was accustomed to completely different game plans, points of emphasis and sweeping halftime adjustments when necessary in New England. But that has not been the case in Tampa, with any wholesale changes or critical rethinks of the offense very unlikely.

"This is BA's offense and it will always be BA's offense," said one longtime NFL assistant who knows Arians well. "He is who he is, and they do what they do. No risk it, no biscuit. Drop it back and let it go. At this stage of his career, I don't see that changing for anyone -- not even Tom Brady."

Conversations with those who have scouted the Bucs revealed a similar sentiment, with the reliance on multiple vertical routes and the deep ball -- despite that not being Brady's forte at this point in his career -- some predictable trends in play calling, a propensity to be stuck in second-and-long, the lack of a true pass-catching threat out of the backfield (a staple for Brady going back to his days with Kevin Faulk). Offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich is not an experienced and accomplished play caller, which is also a factor.

"That's not really a game-plan team," said one NFL exec. "They want to get their best players on the field as much as they can and try to throw it deep and beat you that way. There's kind of one way of doing things and if it works, it works. And if it doesn't, then you're (screwed). They aren't willing to try to reinvent themselves to win that particular game."

The Bucs lead the NFL with 27 dropbacks on attempts that travel 30 yards or more in the air, according to PFF (the NFL average is 16), wth Brady posting a brutal 46.4 rating on those passes. They also lead the NFL with 60 attempts that have traveled 20 yards or more (the NFL average is 40), despite Brady's QB rating being just 57.6 on such passes. Brady has attempted 13 passes to running backs -- slightly over the NFL average of 10 -- but the lack of a true "air back" has been obvious to opponents; The Bucs average just 2.62 yards per attempt to running backs, far and away worst in the NFL (the league average is 6.51 Y/A).

"Brady doesn't have that go-to guy in the screen game," said another exec who has scouted the Bucs. "That's a huge loss for him. You can rush four and play coverage and zone them up, and they make a play here and a play there but nothing consistent."

Indeed, Brady has attempted 284 passes into zone coverage, most in the NFL per PFF, with five touchdowns, five interceptions and a weak 85.7 rating, 20th in the NFL. The Bucs do not employ an emphasis on pre-snap motion and movement - many of the NFL's top offenses rely on it heavily - and while Brady excels in play action, with a 115 rating, the Bucs have just 89 dropbacks in play action this season, 25th most in the NFL.

Clearly, there are things the Bucs could do to alter the scope of the offense and alter the short and intermediate passing game, but it remains to be seen if they will. More fundamental roster and/or schematic changes may have to wait until 2021, and in the meantime, the Arians and Brady relationship bears monitoring with the fit between player and scheme less than stellar thus far.
2726458, dumb
Posted by will_5198, Sun Nov-29-20 04:20 PM
the best coaches tailor their offense to their talent

just because "running between the tackles is what you do" doesn't mean you sledgehammer Alvin Kamara on dive plays 30 times a game and take him off the field for passing downs

Arians knew the quarterback he was getting (whether he wanted him or not) so it's flat out bad coaching to not alter anything

of course, this also shows why the Brady-Belichick success was so sustained
2726459, Yeah this a bad look for arians
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Nov-29-20 04:39 PM
2726460, Trying to cop pleas for wack ass Brady
Posted by allStah, Sun Nov-29-20 04:50 PM
But Winston couldn’t afford the same excuses?

Winston lost his career, and everyone slammed him.

2726517, I don't know if it was Mina Kimes who said this, but...
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Nov-30-20 12:29 AM
I don't know if it was Mina Kimes who said this but every QB who played for Arians put up career highs for INT while they played under his offense (Palmer, Luck, Winston, and now Brady).

There are some big names there. Seems the turnover issue is just a byproduct of Arians' system. Go big or go home, I suppose.

Whether it's Arians rigid gameplans with respect to Brady and his limitations or these brow-scrunching post-games swipes at Brady, he seems to be in over his head.

That's not to say Arians isn't a good coach, but having Brady brings a need with a higher demand on self-awareness - for his strategy and his handling of his players. All qualities Arians can't summon. Maybe Arians can adapt next year but he's fallen short this season.
2726480, Brady with another multi-interception game!
Posted by allStah, Sun Nov-29-20 06:42 PM
That lob throw was pure trash...

Can’t wait to see the excuses that will be made tomorrow.
2726514, they were lowkey shitting on the TB WRs during the broadcast
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Nov-30-20 12:15 AM
until Boody got served a short field and was throwing touchdowns and his usual Gronk safety valve bullshit.

they still are creeping up on the Aints as is but these losses have put the latter-day Cheatriots in a different light.

Belicheat's system is the best for Boody. Bar none. the talent differential between what I believe is a much more talented TB team, esp. on defense is pretty stark.

the Cheatriots aren't doing well and you can say "no Boody" but damn if that team ain't been hit with a well-overdue "bad things" stick.

2726521, He’s getting hit...is the difference IMO
Posted by bentagain, Mon Nov-30-20 04:21 AM
It was infuriating to watch him in NE have an eternity in the pocket

I saw happy feet and panic yesterday

That interception off the d lineman’s helmet was pure panic

Defender got within arm’s reach of him...and he hit the eject button in a panicked fear of being hit...again...

There’s blame on both sides here IMO

Arians is obviously too stubborn

There was a drive...I think it ended in a FG when Brady didn’t see Gronk coming open in the endzone...where Romo repeatedly noted, that was a NE play

In that drive, Gronk was unstoppable...but they were NE staples

I get Arians offense wants to use the deep ball...but why not work these plays in if they work?

Feels like he’s trying to prove something...when the solution is so obvious

I expect they’ll reach an amicable compromise by playoff time

But it could just be an ego thing...IDK

What I do know is without any adjustment...Brady’s going to get hurt or continue to make bad interceptions

...and the knock on the running game is BS too...

Jones/Fournette/McCoy is a more than capable RB group

Give them the ball.
2726529, regarding the running game
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Nov-30-20 10:01 AM
I dunno if it's playcalling or what... but sometimes Fournette was out there looking like Trent Richardson.

agree that pass protection was better in NE, though it frustrates me even more that somehow, this dude, who doesn't even so much as bootleg don't get sacked more, still.

Boody was never a "deep ball" thrower, except that brief time with Moss on the team. it was always this Dunkin' Donuts football.

The personnel are there, but the system is not. If the Bucs' QB was ..... DeShaun Watson? they might be 9-2.
2726549, Brady wanted to go the Buccaneers.
Posted by allStah, Mon Nov-30-20 02:35 PM
He was well informed about Arians offense, and he knew it was focused on vertical passing. He accepted that challenge and said that he could play in that type of offense, wanting to break the stigma of him being a patriot system QB.

He wanted Gronk. Got him. He wanted Brown. Got him. He wanted Fournette. Got him.

Now, we see that Brady is not fit for this system, because he is not a deep gunslinger. He can’t effectively throw the deep bowl, either he is overthrowing or under throwing. Bucs’ system require a true deep ball thrower, like a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jeff George.

So since Brady can’t fit the system, a system he knew about ahead of time, the system will have to be reformatted to fit Brady’s skillset....which defeats the whole purpose of Brady playing in the system. He wanted prove that he was more than a “dink and dunk”
QB.

The other problem with Brady is that he is an outdated QB. He never possessed mobility, and he requires a lot of protection in order to be an effective QB. Today’s QB has to be able to scramble, run, and get rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds. You can’t just drop back and have all day to try to pick the defense apart.

2726606, How do you get the ball out under 3 seconds AND throw the deep bombs?
Posted by bentagain, Tue Dec-01-20 07:07 AM
Everything you said about Brady could also be said about BA

He knew his starting QB was not mobile
Excells at the quick reads and throws
Etc...

A HC job is not to force a square block through a round hole

A HC’s job is to put his players in positions to maximize their skill

BA is not doing that.

I don’t disagree with what you said...well I disagree with a couple of points

Brady has thrown some incredible deep throws...some caught...some not
I disagree with can’t...he definitely can...day 1 is asking too much IMO
Put in some of the NE plays with Gronk and AB, and work toward all things BA in year 2

It’s also a ridiculous expectation for Brady to get the ball out immediately, behind a shitty o-line and no commitment to the run game...and throw deep bombs

I agree with the sentiment of your post...this is what he signed up for
I’m saying...BA is not doing his job as a HC

They are both to blame.

If they want to win this year, there should be a compromise
2726607, yeah the whole thing is bizarre, Arians and Brady both knew what...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Dec-01-20 08:40 AM
they were getting. There has to be a happy medium where they think it can work. The Buccaneers have put all their eggs in Tom Brady's basket, they have to figure out how to make it work.
2726612, ^^. Hopefully they figure something out over the bye.
Posted by dillinjah, Tue Dec-01-20 10:47 AM
>they were getting. There has to be a happy medium where they
>think it can work. The Buccaneers have put all their eggs in
>Tom Brady's basket, they have to figure out how to make it
>work.
2731019, RE: Brady wanted to go the Buccaneers.
Posted by go mack, Wed Jan-27-21 03:56 PM
Looks like he made the right choice even if he loses the SB which expect him to. Got analysts this week poo pooing Belichick now and saying it was obviously Tom that was more valuable, which is a complete overreaction but expected.
2731022, Beli should've just let dude pick the offense and coach a bit
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jan-27-21 04:27 PM
2726614, I figured this would be the problem in an Arians offense
Posted by select_from_where, Tue Dec-01-20 11:24 AM
Dude does not care about QB's health, you have to stand your ass in the pocket and take what's coming. Carson Palmer
2726615, Took a glance at the QBs stats in Arians’ offenses
Posted by bentagain, Tue Dec-01-20 11:32 AM
and I’m left wondering why tf anyone would defend him

There’s definitely a trend, through different teams and personnel, of QBs in his system having career highs in INTs, sacks and most times, both in the same season

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Carson Palmer
Ben

I’m assuming owners are trying to capture the magic of PIT’s 2007 season

But if you remember, Ben was consistently getting sacked +40Xs a season with Arians

In addition to career highs in INTs

Even Jameis Winston was trending up before Arians got there

I’m leaning towards Arians system being outdated and flawed from its inception honestly
2726617, go vertical or die trying!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-01-20 12:18 PM
2731055, How did I not see this?
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-27-21 11:48 PM
This is hilarious.
2731104, That damn Brady
Posted by Lach, Thu Jan-28-21 06:47 PM
Rob Parker is going to lose his mind lol
2731825, Yet, another L...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Mon Feb-08-21 06:38 AM
LOL.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2731878, LOL
Posted by Lach, Mon Feb-08-21 04:21 PM
2731906, Was never about Brady...it was about Jameis
Posted by allStah, Mon Feb-08-21 09:01 PM
And it clearly states it. It was about how the system creates
Interceptions. And pointing out how Brady was making similar
mistakes in the same system.

“The point of this post is not to degrade Brady, but to point out just how aggressive tampa’s offensive system is”

Yeah, L is on you Jack....and you’re hyping a known cheater and trump follower.

So keep cooking. You came in yapping in a thread that was focused on
vindicating Jameis. Let’s see if you own up to it.

But I’m sure you’ll just yap some more.
2732170, Stop lying. It was almost ENTIRELY about Brady
Posted by blackfoot_female, Sun Feb-14-21 03:06 AM
You barely mentioned Winston in passing. Just take your L and keep it moving. Trying to act like you didn't type what we all can see you clearly typed is pathetic.
2732177, When the Lakers are losing or lose.
Posted by allStah, Sun Feb-14-21 03:07 PM
You never come around or accept anything.

But you come out talking trying to give people Ls on
something that wasn’t even a versus. The post clearly
stated what it’s about....clearly.
2732176, ^^More excuses^^
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-14-21 02:11 PM
..The whole world knows Arian's "no risk it, no biscuit" motto.

Tampa destroyed your OP.

All your theories came crashing down.

Bucs are the champs.

Take that L and keep it moving.

2732178, You are like a juvenile.
Posted by allStah, Sun Feb-14-21 03:14 PM
Claiming everything is a L. This isn’t versus and never was versus.

Even when it’s pointed out to you the intention of the post, and that’s
what everyone was focused on.

But you come in here like a child and messed up the whole thread.
You, nobody but you did that.

So congratulations to whatever you feel you won.

Also, going to bat for a man who supports racism and terrorism,as
well as being a known cheater....You support that.
2732189, Reading Is Fundamental...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-14-21 04:40 PM
..Context is crucial.

You appear to struggle with the latter.

You drew a false conclusion because you failed to consider all the variables.

Winston:

2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 626 380 60.7 5109 8.2 71 33 30 243 38.82 75 47 282 84.3
2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11 378 244 64.55 2992 7.9 64 19 14 152 40.21 34 27 157 90.2

Brady:

2019 New England Patriots 16 613 373 60.85 4057 6.6 59 24 8 193 31.48 60 27 185 88
2020 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 610 401 65.74 4633 7.6 50 40 12 233 38.2

Let's focus on Winston's numbers from his final 2 seasons in Tampa (specifically, att/comp/td/int). His TD/INT ratio was already imbalanced before Arians arrived. Arian's system merely highlighted Winston's flaws.

Meanwhile, Brady destroyed your entire premise. He improved in almost every category, damn-near doubled the number of TDs from the previous year, and only showed a slight increase in INTs (25%). Sure, he started out rough because of a lack of chemistry, but eventually settled in and flourished (and that's just 1 season). Your OP claimed that Brady was on pace to throw the highest number of INTs of his career, yet he finished with 40/12 for 4633 Yds. Statistically, his 1st season in Tampa is 2nd only to '07 (w/Moss).

You tried it and failed. That's the very definition of an L.

Eat that.

2732194, You shit on a black qb
Posted by allStah, Sun Feb-14-21 06:05 PM
to uplift a cheating, trump supporting white qb.

Congratulations. You won whatever you think you won.

Learn how to support your own, Stephen.
2732196, show your work, sir...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-14-21 06:42 PM
..I dare you to find a comment from me that shits on Winston.

Even before he was ever drafted, I gave a balanced assessment of Jameis. As a matter of fact, I think he can turn things around if given the right opportunity (esp since having surgery to correct his vision).

Your OP claimed Brady was on pace to have his worst season statistically.

WRONG(K)! © Charlie Murphy

Your Op also stated that Winston's final season in Tampa was an anomaly, due to the system employed.

WRONG(K)! © Charlie Murphy

Now you're desperate to deflect, so you focus on your opinion of Brady's character (I couldn't care less) and allegations that have nothing to do with the game. You just tried to pivot and claim that I shit on Winston to prop up Brady, yet Brady's accomplishments speak for themselves.

Nobody:
nawStah: Brady has 9 INTs, so it wasn't all on Winston.

Brady just destroyed your theory. LMAO.

You were wrong and that's your L to eat.

2732200, Thank you for focking up a really good thread.
Posted by allStah, Sun Feb-14-21 08:26 PM
Thank you. Thank you for being that lone disrupter.
2732203, This dumbass thread was fucked the moment you posted it...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-14-21 09:02 PM
..Brady disrupted your plans by winning it all.

go cry in the car.

2732493, a really good thread for another L
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Feb-21-21 09:25 AM
2732498, Instead of playing the race card
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Sun Feb-21-21 10:19 AM
You had a whole bunch of other things you could have mentioned like Tampa's defense won the game and the additional players Tom had that Jameis did not. Wirfs, AB, Gronk, Fournette as examples. Those latter 3 all put up points in the SB for the Bucs.