Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThey weren't "over drafted" though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725747&mesg_id=2725810
2725810, They weren't "over drafted" though
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Nov-19-20 05:30 PM
Lonzo had a lot of buzz around him before his dad came to light and Lamelo's stock came up once Lavar fell back a little and the whole BBB brand fell apart.

Let's recap some of the "genius" moves he Lavar has made:

-Wanted $1 billion for his three sons, one of whom didn't make the NBA, another who looks like an above average player and another whose career was circling the drain until he found the right place last year. That's LeBron and Michael money, not top 5 pick money.

-Instead launched a brand that charged $500 to $1000 per pair and would only produce to demand, making customers pay this exorbitant sum months in advance. By the time they got their products, the design changed completely to a shoe that was already released by another company.

-That company went belly up and in the process a family friend that the "genius" introduced his sons to and got involved in the business ripped off Lonzo for seven figures.

-Let us not forget that this bench warmer at a middling program would have easily beaten/destroyed Michael Jordan one on one, a claim that really goes beyond any garbage even Trump and other dangerous liars have said.

I could go on here. The guy might have done a good job coaching his kids or he might not have. They are local guys and I'm glad two of them made it. But he has done them a huge disservice and needed to fall the fuck back way before he did. The Lakers certainly didn't want his dumb ass around. He is not a smart or good person, he mostly seems to have given the kids decent genes and his wife did the same. By many accounts in this area she was kind of the straw that stirred the drink in their house. Opinions seem mixed on Lavar but I'm not privy to all that and not here to talk about his parenting. The question is if he was a genius and he most certainly is not