Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI do think people are underrating the Dwight/McGee tandem
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725295&mesg_id=2726097
2726097, I do think people are underrating the Dwight/McGee tandem
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Nov-23-20 12:33 PM
Our great interior defense included the outstanding rim protection they provided. I'm not happy with those departures at all.

Trez is a dog, he has a motor, he gets that 1 block per, etc. I get all that.

I don't think his scoring and P&R is of greater overall value than their rim protection, but we'll see about that. He's a good defensive player and works as a small ball center.

I like the Gasol pickup defensively, but he's not a rim protector like them.

We have a far more dynamic offensive team though. Gasol is a fantasic- and willing- passer. Schroeder is an absolutely massive offensive upgrade from the guard spot. If Kuz shows up this year offensively and improves on D, we should lead the league in scoring.

Because, the more I think about this, we still have AD, who is an absolute defensive beast overall, and a great rim protector is part of that. We just don't have that three headed monster of rim protection anymore.

It is what it is. We're smaller (for now, I'm holding out hope Cuz comes back on a vet min, but I digress) and with weaker rim protection, but the upgrade on offensive is huge.