Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectif they can get some high 2021 picks, sure they can.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725295&mesg_id=2725533
2725533, if they can get some high 2021 picks, sure they can.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-17-20 09:17 PM
I'm not joking when I say there are 6-7 guys in that draft who'd go #1 this year. Like, combine the two drafts and the lotto would only have three guys from this draft.

OKC already has two picks that should be high next year and they have a lot of firsts they can deal to try to get another high pick next year. They'll be stuffed with young talent sooner rather than later.

Houston just has to follow that model. Bomb next season. Deal everyone. Hopefully get a Top 4 pick for yourself (otherwise OKC gets your pick), and try to get another two draft picks next season. That's why I think the GS trade would work out-- they could demand the 2021 first rounder GS has from Minnesota, which has a good shot at being a lotto pick.

You can get exciting talent sooner rather than later if you go *all in* on the tank. The only way you fuck it up is if you try to be good enough to at least win 35-40 games-- then you'll stay in Washington Wizards purgatory forever.