Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI just think Houston knows it's over.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725295&mesg_id=2725503
2725503, I just think Houston knows it's over.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-17-20 02:02 PM
Like, they can keep Harden, but no talent is gonna come to play with them, because they know Harden could leave at the drop of a hat and leave them holding the bag.

They already dealt Covington to get another pick... I think that's a telltale sign that they know. I think they'll dealt Westbrook for a future pick, probably Gordon for a future pick, maybe see if a contender gets desperate midseason and try to deal Tucker for a future pick. And Harden could get Houston a hell of a package.

I just don't see the benefit to keeping him beyond waiting for other franchises to get desperate. They should do that, by all means-- they shouldn't trade him for peanuts. Like, they should get more future equity than New Orleans got for Holiday by... a healthy amount, lol. There just aren't a lot of contenders, outside of Golden State, who will realistically be able to do that. (Maybe Philly, if you consider them a contender. I don't, really.)