Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFuck how people feel, lol. Winning >>> feelings.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725295&mesg_id=2725500
2725500, Fuck how people feel, lol. Winning >>> feelings.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-17-20 01:19 PM
>I want to see Steph and Klay as the main options for this
>team again and I want to see what they do with these
>picks/assets/young players.

Steph will turn 33 next season and just missed a whole year. Klay will turn 31 next season and is recovering from ACL surgery. Their window, realistically, is, what, another year or two? Tops? Those young players and picks have essentially zero value to Curry and Klay unless they lead to a win today.

>From a legacy standpoint bringing in ANOTHER hired gun all but
>kills any chance that this Golden State run will be looked on
>fondly going forward even if they were to win another Finals.

So if Golden State thinks bringing in Harden wins them another ring, they shouldn't do it because... of concerns that people may not look on them fondly? lol

I vehemently disagree with this. Curry and Klay got their ring on their own without Durant. It's like Wade before Bron. They have absolutely nothing to prove at this point. Everything going forward isn't "can they win on their own?" because that's been established.

But they're both probably on the other side of their prime at this point-- and Draymond is on the other side of his too. If they want to win more titles-- and I'm sure they do-- they will probably need other players to help alleviate that load. That's not a knock against them or their legacies. That's a practical reality that comes with players getting older.

Harden is probably in the same boat, though he hasn't been dealing with injury stuff. There's a real argument that he has another year of prime left, maybe even two. Curry, Harden, and Klay would be a supernova offense, and while you can argue whether you think Harden is a "winner" or whatever, I think that team with Harden is inarguably better than one with Wiggins.

I absolutely think the Warriors do that deal in a *heartbeat*-- I think that trade would potentially make them the favorite to win the West in Vegas (they're currently projected by Vegas as the third most likely team in the West to win it all). And if people want to bitch and moan about *how* the Warriors did it? That shit matters way way less than *if* they did it.