Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject... I think Harden should ask Houston to call up Golden State.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725295&mesg_id=2725495
2725495, ... I think Harden should ask Houston to call up Golden State.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-17-20 12:36 PM
Like, I realize Houston may be reluctant to trade with GSW for obvious reasons... but if the Warriors offered, say, Paschall, Poole, Looney, the #2 pick, Minnesota's #1 pick in 2021, the 2022 first rounder, and Wiggins to make the money work? Golden State would be super-loaded, and Houston would get a nice haul of picks and young pieces to build around for the next couple of years. And I've gotta think Harden would be happy. It'd be a win-win-win.

I don't think Brooklyn can make an offer with better future value that actually makes the money work. LeVert/Dinwiddie/Jordan doesn't come close to making the money work. They'd have to trade those three plus at least another three players to make the money work, and I just cannot see Brooklyn doing that.

(Unless Brooklyn offers Irving to Houston instead. And even then, I kinda feel like Houston would rather have a good first rounder in next year's loaded draft plus Wiseman, because they clearly won't be good for a couple of years regardless, and Kyrie's not gonna wanna play for a team with tank aspirations.)