Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectName the sports media outlets you follow
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725291
2725291, Name the sports media outlets you follow
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Nov-15-20 12:52 AM
For me, The Atheltic is getting a lot of run, especially their NBA podcasts. ESPN+ is pretty good for watching Detail (the show Kobe used to host). Watching NFL Primetime is a good reason for the subscription, along with the odd article that's behind the paywall.

I'm really considering buying the TrueHoop subscription. The weekly free articles are really, really good. But $100 a year for three articles a week of only NBA coverage is too rich for my blood now.

YouTube is great for nerding out on strategic analysis. B-Ball Breakdown is a good follow as is Thinking Basketball. Samuel Gold and The QB School do a great job of breaking down team and individual play in the NFL.

And it's great for getting *just* enough of First Take to get their takes without wanting to drive sticks in my ear to stop listening to Stephen A for two hours.

Twitter is a great second-screen experience, especially for NCAA Football.

What do you all take in?
2725293, I read articles...nothing beats it
Posted by allStah, Sun Nov-15-20 01:17 AM
I use TheScore App for everything now.

TV for sports news is trash, except for sportscenter highlights.
2725300, Three Man Weave is the best CBB outlet by a mile.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Nov-15-20 11:40 AM
Their conference previews are *deep dives,* and their podcasts are easily the most informative out there. They'll do a twenty-minute discussion about a low major conference while the other podcasts spend thirty minutes on What LaVar Ball Said or Should Izzo Yell At His Players.

I also like some of the writers on The Athletic. Sam Vecenie has a really good basketball podcast, Game Theory, that goes reeeeeeally in depth on NBA teams and players.