Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA few reasons I can't buy into the narrative that he's shot...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2725212&mesg_id=2725408
2725408, A few reasons I can't buy into the narrative that he's shot...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Nov-16-20 01:33 PM
Before Bud, Brook had had 3 fight since Spence. All at 154 with guys who'd fought above 154. One even started his career at 175. Brook stopped 2 of them and went the distance with one, Zerafa who KO'd Jeff Horn. In the Zerafa fight, Kell got hit in the eyes plenty of times. He was never wobbled. If he was shot, he would've crumbled from getting hit by a guy coming down from middleweight. Bud just knows how to time and place his punches.

Also, Brook said very important things after the fight. He said Bud caught him with a shot he didn't see. But he also said something even more important... He said Americans have access to better training and that the UK is a little behind. I think that's important, because he never said anything like that after his other losses. That indicates he's aware that Bud outsmarted him and was far and away the better fighter. He went on to say no one's ever done him like that, even in sparring and that Bud MADE him tentative, and he couldn't even fully understand how Bud was doing that to him.

When it all adds up, I just gotta give credit to Bud. The brilliance of that shot is being overlooked imo. Caught him off balance with a shot he didn't see coming. Just beautiful.