Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectObvious lotto potential, buuuuut I don't see it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2725151
2725151, Obvious lotto potential, buuuuut I don't see it.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Nov-11-20 07:46 PM
Any guy that's an athletic 6'9 with a 7 foot wingspan like him will probably go first round. He's a really good ballhandler for his size, he's a good catch-and-shoot guy so the stretch 4 potential is there, and the size and athleticism gives him some serious multi-positional defender potential. Like, it's easy to see why he was a Top 5 recruit coming out of HS.

But the basketball IQ suuuuuuucks. And he's absolutely rail thin, so the switchability isn't really a bonus with him, because there are probably a lot of 2 guards and wings that can realistically back him down into the post right now.

So yeah, he could honestly become a star in the right setting, if he builds muscle and gets more comfortable with the game... or he could be overseas in like 2-3 years. I think he's an obvious stash candidate for a team who can afford to do so, be that a good team with a strong developmental program at the end of the first... or a shitty team that knows they'll be tanking again next year at the top of the second. But I'd honestly rather let another team pick him.