Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPossible off-the-bench stretch big. Ceiling: Thomas Bryant.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2724908
2724908, Possible off-the-bench stretch big. Ceiling: Thomas Bryant.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-05-20 05:08 PM
Liked the improvements I saw from him last year as a shooter. Do I buy it at the next level? Not sure, but anyone that size who can make 37% from 3 on nearly 3 attempts a game is probably worth a look on that alone. Also a good weak side shot blocker.

That said, he's reeeeeally stiff, and he's got a weak lower body. That's a really bad combo imo. Because there is a zero percent chance he can defend the perimeter and switch... but he's also gonna get abused by a lot of the bigger, stronger, more mobile bigs in the NBA.

So I think you bring him in with your second unit, especially if the other team's second unit big is pretty stiff. There, he could take advantage, especially in pick-and-roll or pick-and-pop action on offense. I think that's pretty good value at the very end of the first round. I think he's gonna go more like mid-first, which... I just don't see, unless you think you can drastically alter his mobility or drastically build his lower body strength.