Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI kinda wanna change my comparison to "Lonzo Plus."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2724907
2724907, I kinda wanna change my comparison to "Lonzo Plus."
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-05-20 02:17 PM
Not quite the passer Lonzo is, but a better shooter than Lonzo is (even with, like Lonzo, a funky form), and he brings a lot of the stuff Lonzo brings to the table while also probably being a better scorer at the next level than Lonzo's been. I still like a lot about the Dinwiddie comparison, but I'm not convinced he'll ever get to *that* level of scorer, and I think he'll always be a better creator for others than creator for himself, even if he does get the jumper consistently going.

I also think he should ultimately be a plus defender next level, that a lot of the things I didn't love about Haliburton's man-to-man defense in college... were also things I didn't love about Lonzo's. Now that Lonzo's in the NBA and is no longer *the guy,* he puts a lot more effort into that defense and uses his IQ and good positional size to be a good NBA defender. I think Haliburton can do the same.

As I said above, he's got starter-on-a-good-team ceiling. I don't really think he's a guy who becomes an All-Star unless the jumper really takes off... but his floor is just so high imo. The more I think about him, the more I like him-- and I really hope he goes at 6 or even 7. Would really hate to see the Knicks take him and mismanage him as they'd be bound to do.