Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBrad Beal upside imo. No reason he shouldn't go lotto.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2724700
2724700, Brad Beal upside imo. No reason he shouldn't go lotto.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Oct-30-20 10:13 PM
Like, yeah, Maxey struggled from 3 last year, and if he can't make 3s in the NBA, he's a bench guy at absolute best. That said, he's an 83% FT shooter, and the stroke looks good. Honestly reminds me again of Brad Beal and a lesson I learned the hard way, as he didn't shoot the 3 especially well in college, so I Cuban B'd all the other indicators that he could become a good NBA shooter. Maxey's indicators are there.

I don't think he's a PG, so there may be some teams expressing some concern about his ability to defend as a 6'3 SG in the NBA, but he's got good speed and decent wingspan, and the effort is there, so I don't think he'd be a net negative in that category. And he's just a tough, strong dude who wants the ball with the game on the line. You gotta like that.

I think worst case scenario, he's a sparkplug bench scorer guy. Best case scenario, you have your starting 2 guard of the future.