Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe answers the question, "What if Terry Rozier was good?"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2724633
2724633, He answers the question, "What if Terry Rozier was good?"
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Oct-29-20 02:36 PM
I realize that's a snarky subject line, especially since Rozier had by any measure his best season to date last year. But if you look at where Rozier was when he came into the draft and where Lewis is, I see a similar role for Lewis immediately in the NBA to the one Rozier played in Boston-- except that Lewis is, today, a better shooter and playmaker than Rozier was when he joined Boston. Lightning quick, tenacious on both sides, dynamite in PnR,

He's still a bit out of control at times, and his decision making as a playmaker can get a *little* streaky... but he also was 18 basically all of last season, so I think there's some good upside here. In an ideal world, he's a backup PG/sixth man early, more of a energy scoring guard than a true PG-- best case scenario, I could see him becoming a Lou Williams type.

And who knows? If he's paired early in the right system with the right leadership, I think there's true PG potential there on top of the aggressive scoring. I know I just mentioned Boston, but that *would* be a really good situation for him. Let him be the Rozier while he learns how to be a Kemba.

If that doesn't happen, then like I said, there's definitely a good chance he becomes another "good starter on a bad team/good bench player on a good team" kind of guy. In the teens of this draft, even a "Diet Coke Lou Williams" is pretty real value.