Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSpencer Dinwiddie-lite. I like him.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2724377&mesg_id=2724501
2724501, Spencer Dinwiddie-lite. I like him.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Oct-27-20 10:52 PM
He's got a kinda weird shooting form, but it's consistent and it goes in. There's a chance his slower release fucks some of that consistency up next level... but he's a 6'6 PG with terrific court vision. I love his eyes-- he's not an athlete, but his fakes are supreme, and he just knows how to make his defender bend to his whim. I honestly thought he could've come out last year, and that was *before* he had the terrific season he had last year.

Not the greatest defender because he's not the *greatest* athlete... but he knows his spots and he knows how to hurt offenses in those passing lanes. I think about the possibility of him going to Atlanta and playing alongside Trae Young-- that's a tantalizing tandem on offense, especially with guys like Reddish and Hunter on the wing who are good passers in their own right. He could be the piece that takes the ball movement on offense into the stratosphere.

I don't think Haliburton is the sort of guy who can create his own shot as well as a guy like Dinwiddie can, but I think he can provide a lot of the other things Dinwiddie does. Good team defense, good team offense. A good spot up shooter, a great creator for others. Again, not a guy you'd expect in a normal draft to be a top 6 sort of dude... but I think he's got a pretty high floor and a pretty high ceiling if he can get better at creating for himself off the bounce. Starter on a good team sort of ceiling. In this draft, that's at minimum a top 8 pick imo.