Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Lomo’s whole career = SMH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2723579&mesg_id=2723932
2723932, RE: Lomo’s whole career = SMH
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Oct-20-20 11:33 AM
I respect what he's been able to accomplish at Lightweight in the style that he did it. He also outclassed the hell out of Gary Russell Jr, and that can never be overlooked imo. The movement toward "undisputed" started to get questionable tho.

>He went pro at 25, and is now 32 years old with 15 fights as
>a pro. He should have continued fighting as an amateur. A lot
>of European fighters never turn pro because they are well
>taken care of by their government.

He definitely could've taken that route.

>360 focking amateur fights, and at 32 is trying to take on
>these younger fighters while he continues to age.
>
>There is a 10 year age difference between López and Lomo.
>What would lomo have been like at 25 vs López?

He would've been too small lol.

>Anyone, none of these dude would have been able to handle
>mayweather at lightweight, when mayweather mopped up the whole
>division. Pretty Boy mayweather, not money mayweather.

Mayweather would have the physical advantages, having the bigger frame and a much better reach advantage than even Lopez did. BUT, I do think Loma would've given him some problems. Floyd was a killer at 130, but 135 is where we started to see the KO's slow down. That's even where many argue that he lost to Castillo in the first fight. In the second fight, he had a very "punch and grab" style. Loma's really good at beating people up when they're trying to clinch, so it would've been one helluva fight imo, especially if it happened before the first Castillo fight. I'd give the edge to Mayweather for his ability to adjust, but I don't even know if I'd have bet on that fight tbh.