Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI totally understand why.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2723579&mesg_id=2723677
2723677, I totally understand why.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Oct-16-20 05:54 PM
Most of the people I've seen making an actual pick have picked Loma. Those rooting for Lopez are mostly saying just that... that they're ROOTING for him, not picking him lol.

>I think his superior craft carries the day in the end
>
>But he will go down
>
>Lopez has that magic in the hands Power

That's the only thing right there. I'm wondering if he'll get up if he goes down from a Lopez shot. One thing I've seen a lot of people talking about is Linares dropping him with a right. But what also stood out to me was Loma thanked Linares after that fight for "teaching him that lesson" so I kinda doubt Loma walks himself into a right hand like that ever again. It'll really shock me if he does. Lopez is quick tho and just might be able to make something happen. On top of that, Loma claims this will be the best performance of his career.

>Loma can’t run forever, he will get touched and a W in the
>end

Yeah, if it goes the distance, I agree that Lopez will be thoroughly broken down and deconstructed. Loma's engine is unreal. He also said he wants to take Teo into deep water and hold him down "without air". Teo might eff around and get stopped late.

Loma has been hit more since moving to Lightweight. Some say he's losing a step due to age while he himself says it's because of height and reach disadvantages. At the weigh-in, I noticed he and Teo are about the same height although Teo has about a 3 in. reach advantage.

>Fight of the year the second it was signed

Real talk.

Given all the factors involved, I'm having trouble sticking with a pick.